Does your cat like water like this.....

mom2clover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He gives himself a shower and then takes his drink. This is our morning, afternoon & evening ritual - and whenever he jumps in, sits there, and cries. Unfortunately, Clover will no longer drink from his water bowl....Oh what have I done?
What happened to cats not liking water?
Lori

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Allllll - he is just TOO cute! He likes FRESH water!

Boo does the same thing...only he jumps in the shower and drinks from the toilets if we don't shut the lid!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so cute!! Phantom drinks from the toilets but doesn't care for running water.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! That's too cute!!!! Cats don't really hate water, they just don't like getting wet unless they want to get wet. In the wild big cats go in the water all of the time.

My uncle used to have a cat that liked to swim. He would fill up one of those small hard plastic kiddy pools (Not the inflatable kind that you get today) and his cat used to go in and swim around. Plus when my uncle shaved at the sink the cat would be playing in the water.

But I've never seen a kitty give himself a shower like your baby does, LOL That's sooooo adorable!!!!

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Get him the Drinkwell fountain and then there are no times of crying for water.
I bought Kricket it (off ebay) and it has been the greatest thing i could of done. She loves it, i have also caught her putting her head under the running water, then uses that water to clean her whole face. Clover is a cutie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom2clover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The fountain is going to be our next purchase for Clover. I've been looking at them wondering which one to buy. Thanks.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom2Clover,

Yes I have a cat that showers too and drinks the water. Fortunately Claude still drinks from his waterbowl too. You could always try getting a fountain for your cat since he insists on drinking running water only. Here is Claude showering.

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How adorable!! Stanley is now drinking from the toilet so I have decided that once I move I will be getting him a fountain. It will be interesting to see how he does with it. I will also keep the bowl just in case Sadie doesn't like it. She HATES getting wet!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great pics of the water kitties

I have a pic of Kiko waiting for the tub to fill up

Its hard to tell in this pic, but after the tub fills up and I am in it, he comes and sits on my tummy.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kiki_585

How adorable!! Stanley is now drinking from the toilet so I have decided that once I move I will be getting him a fountain. It will be interesting to see how he does with it. I will also keep the bowl just in case Sadie doesn't like it. She HATES getting wet!!
most of the fountains also have a fairly still water dish at the bottom. Sadie will probably not mind drinking from that part. that's what Cable does. Pixel drinks from the ramp, & so does Java. can't remember what Chip does...
anyway, i have a CatIt & a Freshflow, but not a Drinkwell. mine all like the Freshflow better than the CatIt.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom2clover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover73

Mom2Clover,

Yes I have a cat that showers too and drinks the water. Fortunately Claude still drinks from his waterbowl too. You could always try getting a fountain for your cat since he insists on drinking running water only. Here is Claude showering.
I absolutely love this photo! Thanks for sharing. They definitely do keep us entertained. Does anyone know if these fountains actually have the constant water stream just like the tub/shower does?
Lori

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom2Clover

I absolutely love this photo! Thanks for sharing. They definitely do keep us entertained. Does anyone know if these fountains actually have the constant water stream just like the tub/shower does?
Lori
the Drinkwell does. you can also get a dog-sized one that can hold up to 2 gallons.

gnat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cool cute pics.

Ronnie thinks nothing of leaning over the sink drinking the water from the tap whereas ever since Reggie fell in the bath (never seen anything like it) he hates water!