Snags....

ipw533

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The best-laid plans of mice and men, and all of that. We all hit snags which force us often reluctantly to alter our plans.

Case in point: every Sunday this month Philly Ferals has a clinic planned. I know, I'm a volunteer. I'd love to trap at least one cat per clinic, but sadly I can't. Why?

I've limited space--my post-surgery "recovery room" is the bathroom (I can't use the basement because it floods when it rains). I won't release a cat until I'm convinced it's recovered completely--even male neuters are held at least 48 hours. But my bathroom is now the "sickroom" for a cat being treated post-surgery for a URI. That means I have no recovery area and cannot trap responsibly. In a week or so he'll be better, but by then I'll have missed much of this window.

P.S. It seems my "patient" has a twin--another orange tabby who appears to be the same size and age. I'll probably end up capturing him next. And yep, from the sound of his breathing he too has a URI....

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well...at least you plan to continue to trap and once this guy is over his URI, you can trap his brother. As long as you have a plan to trap and neuter all these cats....you can spread it out over several months.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ipw533

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
But I really wanted to get as many as I could before winter, which is closer than I'd like. Also, there's a much larger nearby colony (also managed by Philly Ferals) that needs trappers, and I'm committed to stabilizing my "own" colony before branching out. It's frustrating....

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ipw533

But I really wanted to get as many as I could before winter, which is closer than I'd like. Also, there's a much larger nearby colony (also managed by Philly Ferals) that needs trappers, and I'm committed to stabilizing my "own" colony before branching out. It's frustrating....
Right....but the cats haven't signed off on your plan.
Honestly, I understand your frustration...but just keep at it.

Katie