Allergies

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have tried everything and nothing seems to help, I am sneezing my head off, I have had all the prescription stuff, and I find that the benadryl helps some but I can't keep my eys open, I looked to see if they had one that was non-drowsey didn't see it in that kind, anyone know any kind that don't make you feel like passing out?

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Claritin. I also took Zyrtec when my dad got me some free samples. It's supposed to be non drowsy, but it puts me to sleep.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PurrPaws

I love Claritin. I also took Zyrtec when my dad got me some free samples. It's supposed to be non drowsy, but it puts me to sleep.
i take a Zyrtec every morning, a wal-itin [walmart version of claritin] every night, & flonase every morning & evening. & i still have trouble during mountain cedar season!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
May I suggest something
... Find a good chiropractor ... Due to recent event s I went to one and a great side effect is my "allergies" are almost non existant

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Claritan for mine also.If they are really bad,then I use Alevert also.

loubelia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
have you tried Claritin D? or generic like the Wal itin-D from WalGreens?
That helped me alot, when I last had the darned cold.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes they stink for sure, and I have then 24/7/365
Not just the cats alot of stuff, plants, when it rains, when it's dry, trees, No food allergies to speak of but milk, gravey, butter, a lot of dairy makes me cough, and coke makes me cough, and the worst is CHOCOLATE I think that's why I don't really like it..Good Thing Huh?

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

and the worst is CHOCOLATE I think that's why I don't really like it..Good Thing Huh?
DH sneezes whenever he eats chocolate. It's very strange.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate Allergies!!! Only thing that works for me is a Medraldose pack (sp??). It's a 7 day steroid. My mom works for an allergy doctor
so I just make an appointment and get a script for one of these. You take it for 7 days (no side effects at all) and you're good for the rest of the season. No pills, no sprays, no nothing!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

I hate Allergies!!! Only thing that works for me is a Medraldose pack (sp??). It's a 7 day steroid. My mom works for an allergy doctor
so I just make an appointment and get a script for one of these. You take it for 7 days (no side effects at all) and you're good for the rest of the season. No pills, no sprays, no nothing!
Wow I am going to look into that

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Have you ever been to an allergist Lois?
No Karen I haven't
I have no idea why I have seen every other kind of Dr in my life though
I think I'm going to see if I can get what
lisasha3 was talking about, I know I should go I hate going to the Dr, I have a appoinment on Friday with the Gastro Dr that should be fun (not) been there and done it all before
didn't like it

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I went to an allergist for the first time about 5 years ago. I was put on zyrtec, but all he would say was "Get rid of the cat". I went to a different one 2 weeks ago and I am now geting allergy shots. We'll see if they work
They told me that they never tell people to get rid of their pets because there are many ways to deal with it without going to that extreme.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

No Karen I haven't
I have no idea why I have seen every other kind of Dr in my life though
I think I'm going to see if I can get what
lisasha3 was talking about, I know I should go I hate going to the Dr, I have a appoinment on Friday with the Gastro Dr that should be fun (not) been there and done it all before
didn't like it
Good luck! I hope it works as well for you as it does for me!
Just started mine today!
Word of advice though - DON"T stop taking it in the middle even if you feel better. It is a type of steroid and steroids are an addictive drug. The pack is set up so that you take 7 pills the first day, 6 the next, 5 the next, etc until you are down to 1. This is so your body doesn't suffer from withdrawls. Don't get me wrong - it's not strong at all and you'll have no side effects, but if you do stop it abruptly - your body knows it. Take it from someone who knows. I did that once. Thought I was better and just stopped it. I was a little
for a couple of days. Might as well have been drinking

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I went to an allergist for the first time about 5 years ago. I was put on zyrtec, but all he would say was "Get rid of the cat". I went to a different one 2 weeks ago and I am now geting allergy shots. We'll see if they work
They told me that they never tell people to get rid of their pets because there are many ways to deal with it without going to that extreme.
My mom and I were just talking about this. Years ago we both got shots, but It's been years since we've both been tested too, so we have no idea what we're allergic too now and we both seem to be bothered by different things than we use to. I told her to set us both up with allergy screens together - we can have a little party . She wouldn't go for it.
Said we couldn't. I told her "you're the office manager - can't you set that up?"
We'll bring in books, magazines, snacks,....oh yeah....and the nurses of course.

Nope - didn't fly with mom. hehe

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

I am getting a little sick of hearing them say "Wow, you're allergic to a lot! "

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

Good luck! I hope it works as well for you as it does for me!
Just started mine today!
Word of advice though - DON"T stop taking it in the middle even if you feel better. It is a type of steroid and steroids are an addictive drug. The pack is set up so that you take 7 pills the first day, 6 the next, 5 the next, etc until you are down to 1. This is so your body doesn't suffer from withdrawls. Don't get me wrong - it's not strong at all and you'll have no side effects, but if you do stop it abruptly - your body knows it. Take it from someone who knows. I did that once. Thought I was better and just stopped it. I was a little
for a couple of days. Might as well have been drinking
I think I will ck into it, can you check on the spelling for me beings as you weren't sure, I tried looking it up and couldn't find it spelled that way I found several other things that appeared to be similar, but I am not much for steriods at ALL so I want to make sure it's the right medication, Thanks alot

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am getting a little sick of hearing them say "Wow, you're allergic to a lot! "
I bet I am to, I have been around 16 cats in the last 2 years and you know I have 8 in the house, if they told me to get rid of them I'd just have to die from them
I have raised 50 basset hounds , 22 horses, we had goats, chickens, rabbits, pigs, cows, birds you name it
Haven't had all those things the last 12 years but I have alway's had dogs and cats