Is this really necessary??? How much fatter can we get?

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Went grocery shopping last night and while crusing the forzen aisle, I came across this. Now, is this really necessary, pancake and sausage on a stick WITH chocolate chips!?
How much bigger can our kids get? I wonder if it comes with little packets of syrup....I did not pick it up and check out the calories. I will next time and update you guys... What do you guys think?

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
eeewwwwww

So gross!

Actually, my dad sent me an article recently about a new American invention: "fat-free" chips. The way it works is that the chips themselves aren't fat free but they contain a drug that prevents you from absorbing the fat. Sounds healthy, doesn't it?
Apparently some people get pretty nasty side effects from it.
Luckily it's not available here in canada.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

eeewwwwww

So gross!

Actually, my dad sent me an article recently about a new American invention: "fat-free" chips. The way it works is that the chips themselves aren't fat free but they contain a drug that prevents you from absorbing the fat. Sounds healthy, doesn't it?
That is very funny, it is not naturally fat free. You are eating food and drug at the same time to control your fat intake. This just shows that people has no self control. They would rather drug themselves than giving up the food...
Weird.....

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pancackes,sausage, and chocolate?? No thankyou! That just doesn't sound appetizing to me.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

pancackes,sausage, and chocolate?? No thankyou! That just doesn't sound appetizing to me.

And breakfast is even my favorite meal...good thing I value sleep so much so I don't actually wake up early enough to make myself breakfast all the time. But that....EW!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to like sausage and pancakes... I think i've perminantly lost my appitite.
This of course coming from somone living in the home of Poutine (fries cheese and gravey) but they do deep fry mars bars and oreo cookies so I put nothing past them

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I wonder what the ingredient list looks like!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch
I'd rather not know.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bleck.

Now i do like Pancakes and sausage but seriously on a stick? is that needed? and with chocolate chips. Yuck.

Invest in a 10 dollar waffle iron from Target and make your kids waffles at home. thats gotta be a little healthier.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing will ever bother me more, foodwise, than Lunchables. Honestly. Meat that doesn't need refridgerated
The kids eating them were always jealous of the lunches my mom packed since, well, they wouldn't last a nuclear war.

But this is pretty disgusting too. Convenience foods aren't really that convenient when you end up with type ii diabetes in high school.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by watchcaddy

That is very funny, it is not naturally fat free. You are eating food and drug at the same time to control your fat intake.
It keeps the body from absorbing the fat (if we are talking about the same thing) and it kind of shoots through the body, giving a lot of people diarrhea. I heard it referred to as, "no more proud trumpet."

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol, WOW!

I was just thinking the same thing the other day at Bob Evans...we stopped there for lunch and they're now testing out three different kinds of pancakes that are STUFFED with cream cheese. I just thought to myself, wow, we're just finding all sorts of ways to make ourselves fatter. I was very happy to order my plain chicken breast and brocolli after that, lol!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

It keeps the body from absorbing the fat (if we are talking about the same thing) and it kind of shoots through the body, giving a lot of people diarrhea. I heard it referred to as, "no more proud trumpet."

Cheers, from
SwampWitch
Oh so, kind of like "You're pooping the fat"?

I remember that wonder drug from the 90s. It was a diet pill originally that prevented you from absorbing the fat of any foods...when really it just gave you the runs all the time.

Anyhoo, we saw that Jimmy Dean thing last week...chocolate anything for breakfast is just gross IMO. And I agree, parents, politician, etc keep complaining about how fat society is getting, BUT enterprises continue to produce this crap.
Then health insurance goes up (as more and more people develop diabetes and other bad-health related issues).

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

eeewwwwww

So gross!

Marie, the nasty side effects are explosive diarrhea!!!
Yeah, I made that mistake once!
You gotta read the back carefully, it will have a warning that says may act as a laxative....great if your constipated & eating potato chips, but not so great if you eat enough fiber on your own....

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

eeewwwwww

So gross!

AHHH, Yes, OLESTRA! I remember when the "fat free" potatoe chips came out in the 90s. It didn't make you fat b/c it was a laxative! It says it on the bag, if you ever find a bag of Olestra WOW chips, says in little writing on the back, "May cause Anal Leakage"?!?!?!?!?