Ugh! Packing - again

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
We get the keys to our house on Friday and I have been packing non-stop for a couple of weeks now.
I am at the stage where I have packed almost everything, apart from the random things I have been avoiding packing

There are some really wierd things that I don't even know what they are? Do I pack them, incase they are of some use to Mark (he lived here before me) or do I throw them out?
There are also I don't even know how many wires and cables! What do they all belong to?! Where have they all come from?
I have quite enjoyed the packing so far, but now I just wish someone could finish it off for me and decide where all these leftovers go!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Collecting wire and cables is a man thing! Do not throw them out or you will be in big trouble!

Soon enough you will be unpacking!!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the keys Lauren! Now, as for the packing, everything you don't know what it is, just throw it in a box and mark the box, "weird stuff"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it must be Karen! Why do we need so many wires that all look the same?! We obviously haven't used them in goodness knows how long so why keep them now? I wouldn't be so stupid though

I suppose this is like Mark telling me the other day, if I haven't worn the clothes for a little while I should just throw them out

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feel for you Lauren...packing is no fun. I agree with Karen though, don't throw out the wires "they could be useful one day" as my husband would say!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good luck with finishing off, i just noticed i have a long way to go and my basement in the new house is already full... so i am in trouble!

I just broke up with bf so he is definetely not going to help!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Put all the leftovers in a big bag and call the Salvation Army (or Big Brothers Big Sisters) to pick it up.

The alternative is to pack this stuff, move it, store it in your new house, and then throw it away two years from now (after having to go through it all again).

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Like Karen said it truly is a man thing. I would only roll all the cables and wires up and then pack them in their own little box. Guys get all excited when they find a box of cables and stuff.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When we were moving, I rolled each plug/ cord up individually and put it in a ziploc, labeling what it went to.
If you are talking about wires and cords stashed away in a closet somewhere, I would label a box as "things for Mark to go through" and put them in there. This way he can decide whether he wants to bring them along or not.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

The alternative is to pack this stuff, move it, store it in your new house, and then throw it away two years from now (after having to go through it all again).
I've got a feeling this is whats going to happen...

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

If you are talking about wires and cords stashed away in a closet somewhere, I would label a box as "things for Mark to go through" and put them in there. This way he can decide whether he wants to bring them along or not.
And you know what will happen with the box at the other end? It will get put into another closet and put on his imaginary 'to do' list

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

I'm sorry Fran
you ok?

Susie, I was thinking along the lines of 'Misc' but 'wierd stuff' definately says it better
Sorry to hijack your thread.
No i broke it off last night because he was getting too distant and too i dont know how to say it anymore, its just he wasnt him self anymore and i told him well look.. You cant just go from seeing me every day, to just two hours a week and then ditching me for his friends. We didnt have any time for each other anymore because he put his friends first all of a sudden.
And it does hurt because none of my "friends" have time for me because they are all older, or have kids or are married.
He doesnt even call me every night anymore.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats not a good situation. Maybe you just drifted apart? You did the right thing, breaking up with him if he does not have the time for you, you deserve.
You have so much to look forward to now, your new apartment, new life, you don't need people who don't make the effort.
The right guy will come along