Radio question of the day: 10/16/06

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will you be giving out candy on Trick or Treat? How many kids do you suppose you get?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. If we got trick or treaters around here I would love to do it! But we are doing a carving deal for the kids both young and old and having halloween treats like worm dirt!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yup, we'll have the candy, but I have no idea how many kids we'll get. It's our first year at the townhome. I'm sure we'll at least get the neighbors' kids (in our row). Kim, who used to live there, said it's either feast or famine - you'll either get tons of kids and run out of candy, or just a couple.

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes! If we are at the house in Key West, there are a lot of kids who will be out (including my Baby Brother). If we are at home, then there are a TON of kids who live in our neighborhood, so I am sure they will be out in droves.

More important than whether I will give candy or not is WHAT KIND of candy?

I am going to have Snickers, Reese's, and a bag of Hershey Kiss just in case I run out of the first two. I always pick the candy that I used to hord as a kid on Halloween!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was a little frustrated with the trick or treaters last year... but I will have candy to hand out. Lots of it, actually, so we can have the leftovers

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will go and buy some candy, although I doubt I'll get any kids. We are in an apartment building and they aren't allowed to go door to door here

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
nope, kids never come to our house.
so I suppose we will get some candy for us.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't expect any kids. So I'll have all the chocolate to myself! (As if any will be left by then!
)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes! We had around 20 trick-or-treaters last year, and expect around the same this year.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I HIGHLY doubt we'll get any Trick-or-Treaters this year... one of the drawbacks of living in the country I suppose!

But we still have lots of candy just in case

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

I will go and buy some candy, although I doubt I'll get any kids. We are in an apartment building and they aren't allowed to go door to door here
Same here, they are not allowed to go door to door in our buildings either, althought they can in the townhomes across the street.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. We live out in the country and it would take forever to trick or treat around here since every house is pretty far apart. I went out and bought some candy, but its just for us to eat.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going with my sister-in-law to take my 3 y/o niece (who'll be a witch- literally AND figuratively
) and 6 month old nephew (who'll be a scarecrow
) trick-or-treatin (well, the nephew will just be along for the ride). Bradley and his bro will give out candy at his bro's house.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, and I have been told I will have to buy a lot of candy because I live in a townhome neighborhood with a lot of kids nearby. It will be my first Halloween giving out candy.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In my neighborhood every year they have what they call a Halloween parade, where the neighborhood children, adults and pets, all dress up and in a group stop at homes, to get their candy. Then it ends at a designated neighbors house, with a party for children and adults.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes!In my neighborhood, we haven't had trick or treaters in almost 5 years (I live in a REALLY bad part of Memphis- no parent in their right mind would let their kid trick or treat there lol) .....In Colin's neighborhood (the next city over ) however that's an entirely different story! The kids all dress sooo adorably and there's always a ton of them
, I love to see their costumes lol! Last year Colin and I almost ran out of candy
, so this year, we will stock up well for those little ones
- We also always make sure there is a parent/guardian with each child that comes up to the door or a car close by. This year Colin might do "trunk or treat" from his squad car with the other officers at the police station so the neighborhood kids have a safe place to go on haloween. I think I will stay at the house and pass out candy while he does that, but if he doesn't do that, we will both pass out candy

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't pass out candy at my place, but I do go over my Mom's usually. There has a big increase in kids in my parent's neighborhood so I expect there to be a lot of them this year

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We'll have some goodies to hand out, as usual, but it'll all be stuff we don't mind having left over, because we don't get many kids. A heavy year is well under 20.