Leftovers........

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you and/or your family like them? We sure do! I usually cook a few meals on Sunday, and then we eat them all week! I HATE cooking when I get home from work, and I can't do the fastfood thing, although it sure is tasty!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Do you and/or your family like them? We sure do! I usually cook a few meals on Sunday, and then we eat them all week! I HATE cooking when I get home from work, and I can't do the fastfood thing, although it sure is tasty!
Can we "fall-you" to eat today Dear Susie?:yummie:.....

Is the true, not only in USA, but also in Mexico the Leftovers have to eat for sure!....

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

There's no such thing as leftovers in this house

With DH eating like a horse, Justice being a growing boy and Jake more than willing to take food thats snuck under the table, there's not much leftover
But if there is, we're MORE then happy to have it a day or two later... Saves me from cooking

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've always been a leftover kind of girl! Chad definetely is not into leftovers though...

It normally doesn't matter what it is- I'll eat it for lunch & dinner for the next week or until it's time to throw it away- which ever comes first! Chad can only eat the same thing for dinner for two nights in a row- and that's pushing it for him. So now I have to make dinner about every other night and then I have too many leftovers to eat all by myself!

I'm having a hard time keeping up with all of my cooking!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope! None here. With three teenage boys and husband who feels like his boys are eating the food right out of his mouth we never have any leftovers.

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we usually don't like leftovers...but it depends on the food....

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm single and live alone, so I always have left overs. Only I can only eat the same thing so many days in a row before I grow tired of it, and it's impossible, at least for me, to cook for 1 and not have any left overs.

So what I've been doing is cooking for 4, having one serving and freezing the other 3 servings for future use. This way I have heathy "TV Dinners" which comes in handy for when I work because it's just a matter of taking something from the freezer and putting it into a lunch bag for dinner at work. Kind of like "Lean Cuisine" type meals.

Some examples of what I make and freeze:

Beef Sukiaki with rice (ate one portion, froze 3)
Shrimp Creole with rice (ate one portion, froze 3)
Lemon Chicken with rice (ate one portion, froze 3)
Chili (ate one portion, froze 16 portions)
Cut up melon with apple juice (ate one portion, froze 9)
Beef Noodle Soup (ate one portion, froze 19 portions)

I also do batch cooking:
- make a whole loaf's worth of french toast and freeze them 2 per bag.
- make zucchini bread, slice it into portions and freeze each piece separately.
- make 2 pans of muffins, freeze them separately and put them into a large freezer bag. I take one muffin as I want it.
- cook a large amount of rice and freeze it in 1/2 cup servings. Same thing with Noodles.

I love to roast a chicken or a small roast, but it's way too much for one person, so after I have my dinner, I put some aside for the next days dinner, and then proceed to make "TV Dinners" complete with meat, potato and frozen veggies.

When it comes to eating some days, all I have to do is pull out a healthy meal from my freezer, heat it in the microwave and add a fresh salad.

Another thing I do is when I make lasagna, instead of making just one pan, I make 2 pans. I figure it's a pain to make, but it's yummy, so while I'm making one, I may as well spend an extra 5 minutes putting together a second one to save time.

Tonight for dinner I'm making Orange Chicken and will freeze 3 servings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now you are the leftover Queen!!!

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm single and live alone, so I always have left overs. Only I can only eat the same thing so many days in a row before I grow tired of it, and it's impossible, at least for me, to cook for 1 and not have any left overs.

So what I've been doing is cooking for 4, having one serving and freezing the other 3 servings for future use. This way I have heathy "TV Dinners" which comes in handy for when I work because it's just a matter of taking something from the freezer and putting it into a lunch bag for dinner at work. Kind of like "Lean Cuisine" type meals.

Some examples of what I make and freeze:

Beef Sukiaki with rice (ate one portion, froze 3)
Shrimp Creole with rice (ate one portion, froze 3)
Lemon Chicken with rice (ate one portion, froze 3)
Chili (ate one portion, froze 16 portions)
Cut up melon with apple juice (ate one portion, froze 9)
Beef Noodle Soup (ate one portion, froze 19 portions)

I also do batch cooking:
- make a whole loaf's worth of french toast and freeze them 2 per bag.
- make zucchini bread, slice it into portions and freeze each piece separately.
- make 2 pans of muffins, freeze them separately and put them into a large freezer bag. I take one muffin as I want it.
- cook a large amount of rice and freeze it in 1/2 cup servings. Same thing with Noodles.

I love to roast a chicken or a small roast, but it's way too much for one person, so after I have my dinner, I put some aside for the next days dinner, and then proceed to make "TV Dinners" complete with meat, potato and frozen veggies.

When it comes to eating some days, all I have to do is pull out a healthy meal from my freezer, heat it in the microwave and add a fresh salad.

Another thing I do is when I make lasagna, instead of making just one pan, I make 2 pans. I figure it's a pain to make, but it's yummy, so while I'm making one, I may as well spend an extra 5 minutes putting together a second one to save time.

Tonight for dinner I'm making Orange Chicken and will freeze 3 servings.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made 7qts of beef stew Friday.
We ate it all weekend, and will eat it tonight and tomorrow as well

The joys of not having a 'normal' sized crockpot.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I eat leftovers, but John usually isn't so much into them, but I guess it depends on what it is, and how I can make it over again so he doesn't realize its leftovers

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lee is NOT into leftovers unless its Mexican. He says the quesadilla's taste better reheated! But me? I will eat them till I am sick of the. I have been eating the pizza we had Thursday everyday. Thank goodness its almost gone!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mind leftovers- I don't see a reason to waste perfectly good food. I think it depends on the food and how well it keeps, but we usually eat leftovers within a day or two

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No leftovers here, yuk. After planning, shopping, preparing, cooking, serving, and eating the dinner I don't want to see it again!

I cook the amount we will eat, and when there's a bit left over it goes in the garbage.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love leftovers. I'll either eat them the next day or pack them in my lunch. Scot does not like leftovers, however. He says he doesn't like to eat the same thing twice in a row.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love leftovers! sometimes the food does taste even better the next day! Sapghetti and chili are 2 good examples of this

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We don't have leftovers in our house -- or so Rob tells me -- only "experienced food". Actually, I think the secret to making leftovers palatable is not to ask them to be the same thing again, but rather to make them over into something different. Casseroles are one great way to put together "experienced food" into something new.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not to much for leftovers, maybe pot roast, spaghetti, and soup and chile stuff like that.. I was hopeing for a piece of Susies chicken though
I have gotten to not like meat much at all anymore, I have no idea why

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Not to much for leftovers, maybe pot roast, spaghetti, and soup and chile stuff like that.. I was hopeing for a piece of Susies chicken though
I have gotten to not like meat much at all anymore, I have no idea why
Lois, your welcome to some of my chicken! Would you like some of the dressing too?

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lois, your welcome to some of my chicken! Would you like some of the dressing too?
Oh my Susie dressing to
I guess I just may have to make some of that
Stuffing is one of my favorite thingees.
I don't get to cook to many big things anymore hubby works swing shift for the last year and before that 5 years graveyard
Kinda ruins dinner time, wasn't to bad with the graveyard, but no one wants to eat great big at 1:00 in the afternoon, when hes off we sometimes eat early because we only eat 1 big meal... No wonder I can't gain any weight, I don't wanna cook for just me