TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › We finally gave in.......
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

We finally gave in.......

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
I finally gave in last night and turned the heat on in my house. I've been holding out as long as I could, but last night was just a little too cold. It's just so expensive no matter what you heat with I was trying to wait as long as possible. Even my daughter has been "boycotting" it with me. We weren't going to give in....but last night we lost the battle.
How many others have given in and turned their heat on already???
post #2 of 16
Well we're in an apartment building, so don't have to pay for heating. We still have to hear about it from the landlords though!
It was quite chilly here at night for a while till the heat came on. I had to use the cats as feet-warmers (gotta be of some use after all).
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushylady View Post
It was quite chilly here at night for a while till the heat came on. I had to use the cats as feet-warmers (gotta be of some use after all).
I'm with you on that one! If only I could get them to all stay in one spot on the bed.
post #4 of 16
Lee turned ours on Saturday night. It still isn't too cold here but Lee was sick of me stealing all the covers I guess!
post #5 of 16
I have not gave in yet! I am off today and I am sitting here freezing! Now mind you, I do love the cold weather but it seems like when I'm just sitting around inside I'm always cold. We normally keep the temp around 60-65 in the winter and the temp has been around 60 when I have been waking up lately so not too different than what it will be like in here all winter, I better get used to it!
post #6 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalee View Post
I have not gave in yet! I am off today and I am sitting here freezing! Now mind you, I do love the cold weather but it seems like when I'm just sitting around inside I'm always cold. We normally keep the temp around 60-65 in the winter and the temp has been around 60 when I have been waking up lately so not too different than what it will be like in here all winter, I better get used to it!
You sound just like me! I sat there stubborn as heck refusing to turn it on and you know as well as I do that the longer you sit at the computer the more numb and cold your fingers are going to get. You just need to type more - post faster, post faster!
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalee View Post
I have not gave in yet! I am off today and I am sitting here freezing!
......I figured that my friend!........
be careful!.......
post #8 of 16
Heat? I still have my A/C on!
post #9 of 16
I am SO with you on that! I have NOT turned mine on yet....and we've been ok at night, but in the morning.... me: hubby: kitties: (lucky them, they have a fur coat!)

then, I sit down on the toilet seat and the seat is then my little & jump onto my lap and their little are absolutley & ! Talk about a wake up call. me: "aaaaaaah! get off mommy's lap!" Darn those hard wood floors!!!
post #10 of 16
My heat goes on without my control which is just wooonnnderful because this place (450ish sq. feet) is heated with old steam radiators....3 OF THEM! The tiny radiator in the bathroom heats the entire place! So, I have them closed with no intention of bleeding them....my windows were open all of last winter and I had only 2 radiators open!
post #11 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256 View Post
Heat? I still have my A/C on!
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl View Post
I am SO with you on that! I have NOT turned mine on yet....and we've been ok at night, but in the morning.... me: hubby: kitties: (lucky them, they have a fur coat!)

then, I sit down on the toilet seat and the seat is then my little & jump onto my lap and their little are absolutley & ! Talk about a wake up call. me: "aaaaaaah! get off mommy's lap!" Darn those hard wood floors!!!

I swear kaylee gets cold, she covers her self under the blankets all day long!
post #13 of 16
Hmm... I've had my heat on for a while (my gecko doesn't like it cold). I have some sort of heat pipe built into my apartment, and it does both cooling and heating. Apparently they're super efficient. Seems like no matter how much I use, or how little I use, I end up paying roughly the same. I pay for everything where I live, good training for when I get a house I guess haha.
post #14 of 16
Colin hasn't turned the heat on yet at his house....we live in Memphis,...so I think we can hold out a few more days hopefully.

My mom already turned the heat on at our house though- she always turns it on early....
post #15 of 16
I live here in the great white north... So I did have mine on for a few minutes, since I only live in an appartment it dosn't take long to warm things up.
post #16 of 16
During the day I'm using our AC too.But at night, the heat goes on.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › We finally gave in.......