The daily thread of October 16, 2006

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So how is everyone doing today???

Is a cloudy overcast day with rain predicted this afternoon and off and on for most of the week-a bit warmer than last week however.
I will be off running some errands soon before the rain comes though!!
We had high hopes in bringing the tractor home Saturday however the body shop "misplaced" a ignition knob and when they put the sheet metal back on they filled a hole that something piece was supposed to go through and amd this needs to get fixed. Its about 95% there though and look amazing compared to the "before" state!!
Worked a bit in the farm doing some sweeping and stacking lumber-there are people who have been getting in the barn and dumped some oil all over parts of the barn floor. Neil & his brothers are going to try to seal up tighter and install security lights as they are afraid someone might then try to break the windows-the joys of owning property 40 miles away! We keep the other tractor there full time-we might have to revisit our plans on that too.
Been having a rash of birds hitting the bow windows-5 in 20 minutes yesterday morning-these all seemed to live though.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wel i went to my jb interview this morning then to Ikea, Now i am home i feel actually full from the food there and my mum feels sick from it!
Today i just have to write some more letters and maybe go to the apartment to put on the new curtains

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in a grumpy mood today. The truck is still sputtering and stalling at stop lights and I am out of a vehicle. Ugh! Its cold and rainy here and i just want to crawl in bed and SLEEP! I just hope I can find a fix for the truck today!

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am great!! Today is dh's and my 2 year wedding anniversary!! On Saturday, We went to our favorite resturant, STIX, which is a place where they cook in front of you. It's always a tradition to go to STIX, because we had our first date there 5 years ago....so we always go there for special occasions!!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting at work - nothing to do. Slow monday. Plenty of time to sit here and contemplate how to handle the fact that my 12 year old sent and received 839 text messages on her phone in 5 days!!!!!!

That's right - you heard me - 839!!!!
So.....we're going to have a little talk when I get home. Deal was that she would get 250 for $5, anything over she pays for. Guess I"m gonna make some money tonite!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm taking the dayoff after painting all weekend. So far my plans include paying some bills and cuddling the cats.

Gail - I wonder what's up with the birds?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

Sitting at work - nothing to do. Slow monday. Plenty of time to sit here and contemplate how to handle the fact that my 12 year old sent and received 839 text messages on her phone in 5 days!!!!!!

So.....we're going to have a little talk when I get home. Deal was that she would get 250 for $5, anything over she pays for. Guess I"m gonna make some money tonite!
839??? How many friends does she have??

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm up early today - ugh!

I had to make my 1st request for my unemployment check... how depressing!

But now I'm off to take a quick shower, do some cleaning and then off to the YMCA.

Its really gloomy and rainy outside.... ish! I wish it would snow!

Happy Monday to everyone

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
That is a whole lot of text messages!

I'm good today! Although I'm feeling tired from a night out on Friday.
I had a few drinks with some friends, since it was mine and Marks last weekend in Dundee. I didn't realise that the antibiotics I was on for my mouth last week, were still in my system and my word was I sick yesterday?!? It was the worst ever.
Anyway...you learn from your mistakes

Did a little bit of packing last night, but nowhere near as much as I should have since we move on Friday and I want to go down to Marks Mums on Thursday with more boxes...
I better get myself into gear this evening!!
Hope you all have a lovely day

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's a cool morning here, and the clouds are starting to roll in...it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow.

I need to run a bunch of errands today, do laundry (I always seem to be doing it!) and I'm going to make a pumpkin pie

I start my first day of work tomorrow
so I have alot of stuff to do today to prepare for that!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sorry but I have to laugh at this!
I remember getting text message and my dad flipping out because the bill was so high!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning everyone!
It's snowing.
I have to clean my room today and then I will spend time with my furbabies.
I hope everyone has a great day!

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's Monday. I'm tired and bored (even though I have plenty of work to be doing).

We had a cold front come through over the weekend, so it is gorgious here! I want to be outside instead of at work! It is mid 70s-low 80s and sunny.

Not much on the agenda today, just working, going home for lunch and back to work.

We have a 5pm apt with the vet for Carl. He has worms (ugh) and I want to take him for an overall evaluation anyway. Keep em crossed that he is good for the vet, since this will be his frist time there!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Is she having to repay the co-pay from the doctor visit for her thumb being worn out???
839. Eight hundred and thirty nine. WOW. That is like 7 per hour for 120 hours. WOW. I'd be
too.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

Did a little bit of packing last night, but nowhere near as much as I should have since we move on Friday and I want to go down to Marks Mums on Thursday with more boxes...
I better get myself into gear this evening!!
It is not much fun packing for the move, or actually moving, but when that door slams shut on the moving truck -

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

839??? How many friends does she have??
It's not that it was to a lot of friends - in fact it was probably only one or two which means guess what? - there are probably a couple of other little kids out there that are going to get a bit of a "lecture" on text messaging as well once their parents get the bill.

Originally Posted by neetanddave

Is she having to repay the co-pay from the doctor visit for her thumb being worn out???
839. Eight hundred and thirty nine. WOW. That is like 7 per hour for 120 hours. WOW. I'd be
too.
Yeah......839!
Confirmed by Verizon.
What happened was (according to her father), she very willingly gave up the computer to her sister this weekend (which she NEVER does without a battle). Well, the two of us can only figure that she gave up the computer then turned her phone into a computer. Basically instant messaging through text.
I know she is aware of the charges for text's, but I"m not sure she even realizes remotely how many she's done.
She'll know the minute she gets out of school today though - you bet she will.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What Phenomsmom said - only without the balky pickup.

I'm am fighting the urge to hibernate. But I did get the newsletter finished.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yeah......839!
Confirmed by Verizon.
What happened was (according to her father), she very willingly gave up the computer to her sister this weekend (which she NEVER does without a battle). Well, the two of us can only figure that she gave up the computer then turned her phone into a computer. Basically instant messaging through text.
I know she is aware of the charges for text's, but I"m not sure she even realizes remotely how many she's done.
I am sure that is it because most of the cell phones now have AOL IM loaded on them. Everytime you send or receive it counts as one text message. If she is allowed to text maybe you could let her do extra work to earn the money to pay for the difference between 250 and unlimited.... but then again you don't want her texting 24/7....

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Humm.....last night my best friend Renae spent the night with me (Colin's out of town and I was by myself....so I figured it was a good "girls night in")....we rented a few movies, I made dinner, and we did our nails and facials....it was fun. This morning we slept in late and then I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast- they were yummy!
After breakfast,she went home. After she left, I cleaned house a little bit and did some dishes....Kenzie and Fosters are sleeping right now- it's raining outside lol...so since i'm sick and on cold medicine, that and the combination of the rain is making me sleepy- it's perfect weather for a nap
. Humm...at the moment, i'm watching Dr. Phil. Later I plan to clean the house some more (vaccume, dust...)- what can i say, i clean when i'm bored lol. After that I'll study a bit. That's pretty much my day
. I have today and tomorrow off from my classes for our fall break....so it's prefect timing for me to rest since i've been sick. Colin gets home on wednesday night- i can't wait!!!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

It's not that it was to a lot of friends - in fact it was probably only one or two which means guess what? - there are probably a couple of other little kids out there that are going to get a bit of a "lecture" on text messaging as well once their parents get the bill.

Yeah......839!
Confirmed by Verizon.
My oldest son's girlfriend did this last year with texting and talking to the tune of $750. She lost her phone for almost 3 months and then she had to go on a prepay plan.