would you be peed off?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After my interview this morning, i went to IKEA!
anyway on occasional days they have sales.
Today there was a bargain for 1,99 for curtains, so i couldnt pass up the offer and took 5 of them.
So at the cashier the lady asks if i have a family card and i replied no and when i saw the bill i was like

I asked her why it was so high, because there were the sales on and she said "thats only for people who have the family card!"
My mother said it didnt matter as the total price was cheaper than the other curtains put together but it still made me sad. But only because im on a very low budged!

I mean if they are going to have a sale cant they clearly lable on EVERY sign that its only for people with this stupid card?
has this ever happened to you?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have an IKEA and i've never heard of that before?. I'd be a bit miffed as well. Could your mum not have signed up for one then you could have got them cheaper that way?.

I know B & Q which is a huge DIY store over here do a discount rate on a wednesday for the elderly people, but i'd never grudge them that.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have to pay to get the family card, Fran?

Everyone around here has a savings card and it is annoying! Usually if you feel like taking an extra 5 minutes to fill out a form at the register they will allow you to utilize the savings. I just don't like having to keep all of those cards in my wallet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. because you needed to have a certain number of kids or something weird like that!
i have never heard of it before either.
I only know of the Ikea card not the family cra*

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some stores will send out coupons if you are signed on their websites and lots of stores here have "frequent buyer" cards which enable you to better prices on some products (grocery stores have lots of these cards). I carry a little holder in my purse with all these cards. Plus some stores (kohl's for one) have senior discount days.
You couldn't sign up for a card when you were checking out??? That's how lots of stores work here???

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Always ask to speak with the manager when things like this happen. More often than not, they'll let it go rather than have an angry customer.

I've never heard of this from IKEA, though. Sounds like discrimination (you have to have kids?).

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Always ask to speak with the manager when things like this happen. More often than not, they'll let it go rather than have an angry customer.

I've never heard of this from IKEA, though. Sounds like discrimination (you have to have kids?).

Cheers, from
SwampWitch
HAHAHAHA! Germany is a discriminating country!
Do you know how many jobs turned me down because i am too "young"??
I know women who are 40+ who have had jobs turned down because they are too old!
Dont get me started with this country, i am ready to pack up and move back to australia if it was possible

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

HAHAHAHA! Germany is a discriminating country!
Do you know how many jobs turned me down because i am too "young"??
I know women who are 40+ who have had jobs turned down because they are too old!
Dont get me started with this country, i am ready to pack up and move back to australia if it was possible
i'm sorry you're having such a rough time! (((vibes)))

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hate carrying around discound cards, but fortunately most places here can use your phone number to verify you are a member and give you the discount. Personally, I would have turned to the next person in line and asked if I they had a card. When I'm behind someone at the grocery store, Petsmart, etc, and they don't have a card to get the discount, I'll offer my number. Those cards are a bunch of crap anyway....just another way to track your purchases.

One store here (Bi-Mart) requires their card to even get in the door. There have been many times when I didn't have it on me so I went somewhere else to buy my merchandise. Serves 'em right.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Curtains for 1.99 at IKEA?!? I need to go shopping! (Did you buy extra's so you could share with me, Fran?!?)

I don't think it sounds fair, but there are grocery stores near me where you only get the sale price if you sign up for their card. The card is free, but it is a pain to have several different discount cards, including the grocery stores and Petsmart and Petco. I have so many of the mini tags hanging on my keys that it is ridiculous!

Fran, you should call the store and find out what is up with that card. After all, you are a single mother, but you do have 2 fur children! LOL!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't mind having to sign up for a free, offered to everyone type of card to get discounts at places I regularly shop at. I mean, we only shop at one grocery store, and I have one for Petsmart. 2 cards, no biggie. But I would be VERY PO'd if they told me that I can't get the sale price because I don't have kids.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WEll i wanted to sign up for the normal ikea card, which you get points on and it insures your stuff if it breaks on the way home you know? And its free!
but i never seen this family poo before!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have walked right back in and told them they could have the curtains and I want my money back. I hate when companies do that! It seems like everystore has a card now. It really it a pain!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I would have walked right back in and told them they could have the curtains and I want my money back. I hate when companies do that! It seems like everystore has a card now. It really it a pain!
Well no because i really needed curtains and these were the cheapest i could find in that size, well i ended up paying 8 euros for these curtains but still..