Hi there strangers! :-)

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey ya'll!

I've missed you all so much. I am not by a computer all day long anymore! I started teaching 4th grade in August and we are going on our 9th week of school already! I teach math, science and social studies. I absolutely adore it and my children. I am at one of the best schools in my district! Being a teacher is better than I thought it would turn out.

On another note, Zack and I are doing wonderful
We have found a house and we are going to talk with the builder next weekend and hopefully we'll be buying mid-December.

Mittens has not recovered from his surgery last December. He is now an outdoor kitty and loving it. I haven't seen him this way in a long time. He is well, but doesn't have any bladder control. He rolls in the leaves and is always purring and runs home for food every night. My life is a fairy tale right now...I haven't been happier than this in a long time.

How are you guys doing?

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back! I'm glad you are enjoying your teaching position. Math, science, social studies is quite the combination! It's also wonderful to hear that you will be getting a new home soon. I'm glad Mittens is doing better, even if he isn't 100%.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It's good to hear that everything has improved for you. I remember you were going through a rough time there.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi stranger!!!
Life sounds good!!! So all of Mittens surgeries never helped?? That's too bad-does he ever come inside??

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sory to hear that Mittens never recovered. At least he's enjoying his outdoor lifestyle.
It's nice to hear that everything is going so well!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back! I was fairly new to TCS this time last year, but do remember you had a tough time towards the end of last year. Can't believe we are that far into school already! Kudos to you for having the patience to teach these little ones. I love kids to death, but I"m not sure I'd ever have the patience to be a teacher. Bless you.
Glad all is going well for you now!

Sorry to hear that Mittens did not fully recover, but he sounds happy. I'm not familiar with the full scope of his diagnosis, but just out of curiousity, have you considered diapers for him? I know it sounds silly, but many cats with bladder control problems wear them. There's one at my vets office that's an office cat and he not only wears a diaper, but he's got some really "fancy pants"! Maybe that way Mittens can stay inside with you for small periods of time and visit!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What will happen to Mittens when you move, Candie?

There must be some alternatives to him staying outside
I would be worried about him getting lost in a new place, as well as all of the other unknowns...

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

Hey ya'll!
On another note, Zack and I are doing wonderful
We have found a house and we are going to talk with the builder next weekend and hopefully we'll be buying mid-December.
Hi Candie, I´m so happy to see you againg here!

I wish that you and Zack could to Crystalize this dream!

Cheers my friend!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Candie does Mittens come indoors to sleep on an evening?
Hey Susan
He sleeps outside, too. He has a cage that is covered with his litterbox in it and food, water and newspaper on the bottom. He spends most of his time lounging around and spending his days under the house.
The reason why he is outside is because the smell was getting out of hand with him being in the house and not using his box properly. We are (including him) all happy now

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Hi stranger!!!
Life sounds good!!! So all of Mittens surgeries never helped?? That's too bad-does he ever come inside??
He only had the one. He leaks after he tries to use his box, and that's when he was able to make to his litterbox. He's been inside for about 2 minutes in the last 2 weeks. He doesn't like being inside now; he scratches at the door when I did have him inside.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

Welcome back! I was fairly new to TCS this time last year, but do remember you had a tough time towards the end of last year. Can't believe we are that far into school already! Kudos to you for having the patience to teach these little ones. I love kids to death, but I"m not sure I'd ever have the patience to be a teacher. Bless you.
Glad all is going well for you now!

Sorry to hear that Mittens did not fully recover, but he sounds happy. I'm not familiar with the full scope of his diagnosis, but just out of curiousity, have you considered diapers for him? I know it sounds silly, but many cats with bladder control problems wear them. There's one at my vets office that's an office cat and he not only wears a diaper, but he's got some really "fancy pants"! Maybe that way Mittens can stay inside with you for small periods of time and visit!
Hi there
I remember you. I love teaching; it's definitely the perfect fit for me. Mittens loves being outside; I've tried other alternatives and nothing else has worked. This is the best alternative to the situation and I haven't ever seen him this happy

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

What will happen to Mittens when you move, Candie?

There must be some alternatives to him staying outside
I would be worried about him getting lost in a new place, as well as all of the other unknowns...
He will go with us, and he will actually be in a better situation when we move because he will have a fenced in yard and have all the time outside with Watson. They both will come in and sleep in the garage (which we don't have now) at night and on rainy and freezing days.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Hi Candie, I´m so happy to see you againg here!

I wish that you and Zack could to Crystalize this dream!

Cheers my friend!
Hey there Rigel! How are you and Gema?!