Kneeding my face?!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Davidson is a HUGE cuddler. He's always laying on my chest while I'm on the couch watching TV, or in bed. The thing is, that when he's laying with me, he'll cuddle right up to me, and then start kneeding my face! It doesn't feel too good, especially when those little claws come out

The only thing is, that he doesn't do this do anything else, like blankets, pillows, - nothing except my face! I'll put my hand up to his paws, so he can use my hand, but nope, he'll stop... I'll put my hand down, and he'll go for my face again!

Anyone else have cats that do this? Or is Davidson just an odd ball?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think Davidson is just an oddball! Lily kneads my face, she she also kneads elsewhere. I don't really have any suggestions. Unless you are willing to put something stinky that will repel him on your face, but ten you'd have to smell it, too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its not so much a problem - well, except when his little claws come out, at least he's not scratching my face up!

I think Davidson's the odd ball

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phantom likes to put her paws on my mouth as if to tell me to stop talking to her. Not so much kneading though. Both the girls like to knead my neck though.

curlyq629

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Phantom likes to put her paws on my mouth as if to tell me to stop talking to her. Not so much kneading though. Both the girls like to knead my neck though.
Leo is my cuddle-bug, and he loves to knead my neck, too. Sometimes that moves to my face, but never anywhere else. He also likes to bury his head as far under my neck/head as he can; I've decided he must have been a "bottom row" feeder when he was a kitten!

cricketgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cricket does the same thing! He will only knead on my neck. I have to make sure his nails are trimmed otherwise it really hurts. If I put my hand in between my neck and him, he'll stop kneading. It's so funny! He's such a little cuttlebug.

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shami is constantly kneading me, all over. My arms, my legs, my shoulders, my kneck, my face, basically anything his little paws touch. He also has this habit of giving me kisses, like on the chin and sometimes he gets me on the mouth

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is funny

sometimes heyu will get on the back of my chair, and will knead my shoulder.
or lay in her bed, how i am at the computer and reach out and do that on my leg.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gizmo kneads my right shoulder every night before curling up next to me to go to sleep. This was painful at first but I've sort of gotten used to it. (it helps that she has no claws, but she still packs a powerful punch for such a little cat.)
When I don't want her standing on my chest with those hard little paws, I simply roll over; and if she is bad, she gets a jet of air blown in her face.
She got the message pretty quickly that 'butt in face" is not desirable. (A tap on the tail or tush was the way I got her to stop doing that.)