Who Needs To Go To The Grocery Store???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, after a quick search through the kitchen, i've decided that I need to go to the grocery store....sooner rather than later lol
....I'm even out of the basics: milk, eggs, bread....lol....Humm....grocery shopping on cold medicine should be fun!
(don't worry, i'm not drowsey or anything...i'm able to drive...and the store is literally down the road
). Humm.....I think I will wait a little later and go shopping. Who else needs to go to the grocery store?

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do too. We are out of bread and I'm thinking about making some crockpot chili. I found a crockpot recipe that looks good. I just can't seem to get motivated!! It takes three hours on high to cook this chili too- you'd think I'd have it going by now!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by esrgirl

I do too. We are out of bread and I'm thinking about making some crockpot chili. I found a crockpot recipe that looks good. I just can't seem to get motivated!! It takes three hours on high to cook this chili too- you'd think I'd have it going by now!
lol...woman, you best get in the kitchen and get that chili going
....just playing! It does sound good though
I LOVE a hot bowl of chili....especially when I'm sick or it's cold outside- it's awesome!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do! We usually shop about once a week lately and it's been a week. I'm trying to be good about cooking dinner and not letting DH pick something up. I've recently discovered that my cooking insparation is only a week in advance maximum.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We did grocery shopping yesterday. We went there with the intention of just getting my prescription ($10), eggs, bread, and maybe some cookies to bake if they were on sale (they were
). Well, $50 later we left the store with a lot more than what we had planned on.

apric0t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I gotta get to the grocery store, myself. Got to pick a few meat items for the cats and dogs. I also need some stuff for my stir fry this evening.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kids let me know this morning that we are almost out of milk.So, DH is going to have to pick that up on his way home.
I got pork chops out for supper tonight and I have the rest of the things for supper.So, I don't think I need anything.
YUM!!! Chili sounds soooooooooooooooo good.It's about 61 outside, so it's too warm to fix that just yet.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I stopped by the fruit and veg market this morning after the gym to get some fresh fruit for brekky (nyom nyom!!), and we need to do a Costco run as soon as DH gets his butt into gear.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea! I'm not the only one who needs to shop

Here's my list so far:

Milk
Eggs
Garlic & Rosemary Bread and maybe another type
Honey Crisp or Fuji Apples

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, DH called abit ago and informed me he wants baked Spaghetti.
So, he is now at the grocery store picking up noodles,milk,and cheese.
MEN!!!! I could kick him in the butt.Can't please him sometimes I swear.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just returned home from grocery shopping. I usually try to go at 7am on Sundays. It's quiet and I can get in and out fairly quickly. I slept in this morning and didn't get around to it until this afternoon. The place was a madhouse! I needed ALOT of stuff. I go grocery shopping every 2 weeks.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, before I left for the store, I made a final list and realized I was out of more stuff than I thought
So here's my final list of what I came home with....I allowed myself $100 and only spent $50 Yeah!:

*Louisa Toasted Cheese Ravioli (it's awesome! you dip them in your fav. sauce)
*Godiva Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Ice Cream ( a tiny container)
*Kosher Dill Pickles
*Honey Crisp Apples- 8 of them
- i am an apple freak!! Those will all be gone in another few days
i'm already eating one now lol...
*Light Caramel Apple Dip
*Reduced Fat Cinnamon Rolls (in the can to cook with)
*1 can of soup - Progresso - tomato rotini soup
*Classico Traditional Sweet Basil Spaghetti Sauce- yummy!!!
*Raw Peanuts (I took a picture for Susuie!!
)
*Little quart of milk
*Tortilla Chips
*Dozen Eggs
*Schnucks brand of Vapor Rub
*Cough Drops
*Garlic & Herb Feta Cheese
*Cinnamon Apple Spice Tea
*French Bread
*Challah Bread

.....grand total....$50....I did good...I was planning on spending $100...but I saved a lot yesterday when I did part of my shopping at Big Lots (close out store with a ton of discounts
- gotta love that place
)....

yea! I'm done shopping for a while

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went grocery shopping on Thursday and spent around $55 at Wal-Mart and then another $125 at Save-A-Lot!!
I HATE shopping!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
.....Walmart kills me every time
I avoid it as much as possible....it's WAY too tempting lol...Colin and I usualy go every other week...and between that, I try not to go so i'm not tempted to get stuff I don't need...I try to stick to my list, but always add something lol

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's worse to take Shawn and the kids with me.They want everything and Shawn thinks we NEED things that aren't on my list.So, I try and go without them!!

As long as I stay away from the fabric,I'm usually better off and spend less.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

It's worse to take Shawn and the kids with me.They want everything and Shawn thinks we NEED things that aren't on my list.So, I try and go without them!!

As long as I stay away from the fabric,I'm usually better off and spend less.
My weakenss is the bath/body and makeup stuff
....those are definitely not on my grocery list
....I always remind Colin not to let me go in those sections because he will not be able to get me out (usually he remembers....but on the ocassions that he forgets, he he has to drag me out lol....
i'm a girly girl...what can I say lol)

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see....I have some broccoli, carrots, onions, green bell peppers, tomatoes, one apple, some flour tortillas, some spinach (!!!), some garlic and condiments.

And some canned tomatoes, beans, rice, pasta, oatmeal and prepared soup.

So basically, not really a complete meal but plenty of...stuff.

Does that ever happen to you guys?! Like, you just need that one more thing before you can actually make a meal?

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ALL the time!!! I had the spaghetti sauce,green pepper,onion......but no noodles or chesse.