Anyone's allergies

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
acting up right now?
Mine are
And I feel like you know what.I've taken my Flonase and Claritan and still the sneezing and watery eyes.

Oh well,I'll live with it.
(did I mention,I'm allergic to cats?)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww I'm sorry!
I hope you feel better soon!!!!!
/ My allergies are going insane at the moment also...which is bad because I already have a cold/etc at the moment...so that doesn't help. At the moment i'm on medicine for my cold and lungs (I have astmah...and at the moment since my allergies and my cold are acting up, i've been having a few astmah attacks this week- nothing major....just annoying.) I've found that there's nothing better than hot soup, jello, and hot tea when you feel bad
I hope you feel better soon!!!

(I've found that Singulair works really well for both my astmah and allergies usually...maybe you could look into that if you can't get much relief out of your other medicine. Feel better gorgeous!!!)

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel. On weekends I develop a mild allergy to moving around unless I have to, but the dirty laundry's threatening to devour the laundry room, with help from the dishes!

I hope you feel better soon.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have had several "hard" freezes now. When you get your temps to 28F at night for a couple of day you should be better!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully ALL of us will be feeling better soon!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This fall has been murder on all of us with allergies around here. We've been so dry for the past few years that since this year the rain actually came, the trees and weeds and flowers and grasses and everything else has worked overtime since spring. We haven't had a good, hard freeze yet, but it looks like later this week some relief may be on the way!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My roses are soooooooo confused with this weather that they are blooming right now.I have about 5 blooms on each one of them.
We have 12 pine trees out front in our yard and you should see the pine needles and pine cones!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

acting up right now?
Mine are
And I feel like you know what.I've taken my Flonase and Claritan and still the sneezing and watery eyes.

Me too I am allergic also, I have had a time with mine and mine are all year round sometimes worse then others,

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are that way also.Sapphire is a long haired kitty,so she seems to really set mine off.But, I don't have the heart to push her away when she wants lovins.I just have to wash my hands and change shirts.
My family asks why I have cats if I'm so allergic.Simple really...............cause I can!! LOL!! No seriously, I love my furbabies and wouldn't trade any of them for anything!!
(With Winter coming on,they will be worse when we start burning firewood in the fireplace.)

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

acting up right now?
Mine are

Since we are so close I think it mught have to do with the weather. Mine are buggin me as well. I would have thought though with the last few days being so cold that they would have went away, BUT NO!!! Sucky Michigan weather!! I'm allergic to cats too but grow pretty well immune to my own most times! I've got marigolds on the bloom too, but my hibiscus have shed themselves of all their leaves! My asthma has been bugging me that last few days as well, think that is weather motivated too!

Hope you fell better soon and that it warms up after it kills everything off!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank God it's not just me!!! I have been horrible all day long! Sneezing uncontrollably. It's been awful. Thing is I haven't been outside all that much. I've actually been at my parents all day and can't for the life of me figure out what's bothering me. I have spring allergies, but have never had fall ones. It's either something outside and it's so bad today just stepping outside a few times was enough, or I"m allergic to something at my moms. We actually were wondering if it was her pellet stove. It's been going for two days now and I"m allergic to birch trees really bad. Guess time will tell if it's that or outside.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We actually were wondering if it was her pellet stove. It's been going for two days now and I"m allergic to birch trees really bad.
I would say that is the major cause for yours then.
One day it's about 80' and the next it's only 40'.
I was talking to an older man and he said that we are in for a ROUGH Winter this year.He said due to all the nuts on the ground.
I didn't want to hear we're gonna have bad Winter!!!
I bathed Sapphire and Mia yesterday, so that may have aggrivated mine more.Oh well, my babies are here to stay and I'll live with the allergies to them.That's another reason why I said I'm DONE adding furbabies too.
There is pollen from the pine trees all over my van windows too.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Mine are that way also.Sapphire is a long haired kitty,so she seems to really set mine off.But, I don't have the heart to push her away when she wants lovins.I just have to wash my hands and change shirts.
My family asks why I have cats if I'm so allergic.Simple really...............cause I can!! LOL!! No seriously, I love my furbabies and wouldn't trade any of them for anything!!
(With Winter coming on,they will be worse when we start burning firewood in the fireplace.)
Have you tried those fire logs that are designed for people with astmah and allergies- they bairly smoke at all but make a beautiful fire!!! Those are the only kinds that Colin can burn in his fireplace around me because of my astmah and allergies. I have such horrible astmah that if even a bit of smoke gets near me I will start to wheeze and have astmah issues.(even when I burn my candles and blow them out - I have to scoot way back). Those logs really seem to be a good alternative for me. Maybe you could give them a try when it gets cooler and see if those are a bit easier on your allergies

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE the smell of real wood though.And those logs are kind of expensive to burn all winter for us.Plus, if they're the ones I'm thinking about...........they have kind of a funky smell to them and that aggrivates mine worse.Kind of like a waxy-kerosine (sp) smell.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I would say that is the major cause for yours then.
That's what my mom and I are worried about. If it's the pellets, what am I going to do all winter? My parents only heat by pellet stove. They have a forced hot air system and the heat from the pellet stove is circulated throughout the house into every room. If I can't go visit them all winter I'll go nuts! I love visiting my parents and this year my grandparents will be there a lot as well. That would be terrible.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You may have to talk your Dr into giving you a prescription of some sorts to help you get through the Winter.