Oops

forget-me-not

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever (gulp) send out an email to the wrong person - one you didn't ever want to see what you wrote?

I just hit reply to an email when I meant to hit forward-and my not so nice comments went to the wrong person.
I immediately sent an apology but I feel like crap. I am just tired and cranky and it caught up with me and now I have made a terrible mistake. I feel awful.

The only thing I am grateful for is that it wasn't related to work - that would have probably gotten me fired.

What a great start to the day. I have a feeling I should just stay in and be quiet before I get myself into more trouble.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, those things can happen...........but sorry it happened to you. Hopefully the person you sent it to can be in a forgiving mood for you......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

forget-me-not

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you.

I really do know better, but I just wasn't paying attention and goofed. And the worse part is, I really didn't mean what I said; I was just being a jerk coz I was cranky about something else. Ugh. Lesson learned though.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heck yes - that is when the trigger finger is quicker than the brain
- did that done that !!

Just tuck it into the "s*&%$^ happens" category....
Don't worry we all have those days!!! Hope you are feeling better by now!!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh heck............well I´m in good company - I did that once, but it was a bit of a smoochy email, in a jokey sense, you know, offering kisses & cuddles. Well all fine and dandy if was going to the right person. Well I was at work and instead of sending to Terry, my mate, I sent it to Terry - one of our customers

Die a thousand deaths

I quickly followed up with an explaination - but it was weeks before the customer replied, and he didnt really mention the email, so I often wondered if he thought I really meant it, then got nervy and tried to backstep

Like you I did feel bad for ages after, but I´m sure your recipient will understand

Oh and as my grandma used to say ---

No-one will care in 100 yrs time

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, was it something that would have offended the person you sent it to? Was it a good friend??

That would suck...but we are all human..just let the person know you are in a crappy mood and didn't really mean it...

Eeek, thats awkward.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to work with a woman who was cheating on her husband with his best friend (no joke). Guess how her husband found out? Yup, you guessed it!

Give it time and it'll blow over.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did it once, exactly the same thing - pressed reply instead of forward. And it was all about what an idiot one of our sponsors was! And guess who got the email? But he really was an idiot because he didn't realise it was all about him!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember at work we could "recall" the email if sent in error???

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've done that a couple of times.Thankfully it was to family and I could just chalk it up to something stupid happened!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Forget-Me-Not

Has anyone ever (gulp) send out an email to the wrong person - one you didn't ever want to see what you wrote?

I just hit reply to an email when I meant to hit forward-and my not so nice comments went to the wrong person.
I immediately sent an apology but I feel like crap. I am just tired and cranky and it caught up with me and now I have made a terrible mistake. I feel awful.

The only thing I am grateful for is that it wasn't related to work - that would have probably gotten me fired.

What a great start to the day. I have a feeling I should just stay in and be quiet before I get myself into more trouble.
I've been there sweetie....it's ok! Mistakes happen, as do bad days. Not to long ago, I sent a really sweet email to what I thought was Colin....well...his name and my ex's name are right beside each other in my online directory....so when I thought I was sending it to Colin, I really sent it to my ex....who aready didn't get the point that I had moved on and was in love with Colin. / well, sending that sweet email which was ment for Colin to my ex really didn't help! My ex called me for weeks after that thinking that I had changed my mind and wanted him back
....Everytime I told him that the email was ment for my boyfriend Colin and I had accidently clicked his name instead. I told him that he will always have a place in my heart but that I was in love with Colin and saw my future with Colin- he was who I loved and wanted to be with -as well as the person for whom the email was intended. (well, my ex still didn't get it after that....but thankfully after a few weeks he got the message that I didn't want to hear from him./ Mistakes happen...sometimes they stink...but don't let one mistake ruin your day....like you said, it was an accident..you were probably having a bad morning.....i'm sure your day will get better
and you can always decided what kind of mood your in- you have the power to determine if you will allow yourself to have a good or bad day- hopefully tonight will be better for you sweetie!