Feline Evolution Cat Seat

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Looks like this one might actually work right. It's got a cool push button diaphragm that opens and closes up for your cats to scratch on but man is it expensive. Anyone have any experiences with this thing? Here's a link: http://www.catseat.com/

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It does look like the best design for one of these things, but my vet recommended against them.

I can see the fat cat wiping its paws on the seat after it 'goes'--maybe this cat is okay, but my girl is a digger and would have a lot of trouble adjusting to this new method.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I throught about toleit training a cat 18 yrs ago ... I am SO SO GLAD I didnt.... You see 14 yrs later that kitten develop kidney issues and one of the warning signs was peeing more

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a little surprised that the toilet seat caused kidney problems...my vet told me that it caused psychological trauma to the cat (stress) and that it was impossible to put the cat into a kennel or babysitting situation since the toilet would not be coming along with it.
I have decided that it's not such a hard thing to clean Gizmo's box and keep her happy and digging.

reddicequeen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use Feline pine. The box they sell is too small for Remy . So being resourceful I bought too storage boxes. Use a glue gun to poke holes in the top one and voila...large litter box for feline pine. No smell...and you just need to empty the sawdust from the botton box
As a side note...I did try to use the citykitty thing but Remy wouldnt use it once the second hole was cut out...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gizmocat

I'm a little surprised that the toilet seat caused kidney problems...my vet told me that it caused psychological trauma to the cat (stress) and that it was impossible to put the cat into a kennel or babysitting situation since the toilet would not be coming along with it.
I have decided that it's not such a hard thing to clean Gizmo's box and keep her happy and digging.
I must not have been clear ... I DIDNT toliet train her and was thankful those many years later I hadnt since I caught her kidney issues early...See if she had been trained I would not have seen more pee clumps thus may have gotten her to the vet to late...

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I see, I thought you were talking about one of the cats in the demonstration, and not your own.
I hadn't considered that it is important to see if the cat's peeing more or less and this toilet thing would dilute the evidence. Good catch.