Bagheera had to go to vets

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning Bagheera was climbing the curtains in my living room. As I got up (fell asleep on the couch last night) he just keeps going higher and higher. Right as I reached for him it all goes crashing down.
He wasnt to happy poor boy. He ran and dissapeared for a while. Then I started hearing something that sounded like a cat about to throw up or something. So I start finding the cats. I found the girls they were all fine. So I try to find Gheery knowing full well he got himself so worked up over falling that he was having trouble with his heart. I finally found him hiding under a shelf that I have. He was really jammed under it. So he obviously wasnt doing good. I got him out gave him 1 Lasix tablet and take off for the vets. By the time I get there he's just barely showing any sign that he was breathing that bad. He was just doing his usual excited noise breathing. Little woo woo woo's. So the vet looked him over anyways. They said nothing they can do for him. Just keep him calm and off we go back home. Once I got him home he was fine again. About 2 hours after him being so sick. He starts to want to play again. Acting like a normal playful frisky kitten. I swear he's trying to kill me. He really scared me this time. I thought he was going to die before we even got to the vets. Basically the vet says we can only treat the symptoms. So they upped him to 1 Lasix tablet a day plus half of one if he starts having really bad breathing. He's been on half of one a day and if he started breathing bad another half. He's also has to get Trithalmic ointment in his eyes 3 times a day and 1 tablet of Lysine a day both because of his FHV. I'm so glad I never got him adopted. Who would want to deal with something like this. Anyone have any tips on how to keep a 5 month old kitten calm? He's actually a very calm kitten. But kittens will be kittens. I tried crating him at first but it just freaks him out so bad it about kills him.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That poor baby.I'm not sure how to keep them quiet.I have 4 of them under 5 months old and I still haven't figured that part out.
(Sapphire goes to the Vet on Tuesday for her spay--Mia is still to little)
I'm sending get well and stay calm vibes your way!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

That poor baby.I'm not sure how to keep them quiet.I have 4 of them under 5 months old and I still haven't figured that part out.
(Sapphire goes to the Vet on Tuesday for her spay--Mia is still to little)
I'm sending get well and stay calm vibes your way!!
Thank you. Your house must be CRAZY! Kitten and Bagheera keep me on my toes and they are 9 months and 5 months. I cant imagine 4 under 5 months. Ok well I guess I have had that with foster kittens. But I usually only take one or 2 in at a time.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it is a mad house for the most part.Expecially when the kits decide it's time to play tag.
Then add in 4 skin kids and forget any peace and quiet around here.
Corwin is around 5 months old
Lilly is about 4 months old
Sapphire is about 3 1/2 months old
Mia is around 2 months old
Blaze is around 1 1/2

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

How is that handsome little guy doing now? I hope he's feeling better!
He's doing fine. Back to his normal self pretty much. He slept alot Sunday. But today he was back to being himself again. It scares the crap out of me thinking he wont be around for as long as a kitty should. But he's going to have the best life he can while he's around.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear he's doing better today
./ And look at the bright side sweetie- while you have him, he is safe, happy, well taken care of, and has the opportunity to live the life that many kitties in shelters will never have! Bagherra is one lucky little man

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

He's doing fine. Back to his normal self pretty much. He slept alot Sunday. But today he was back to being himself again. It scares the crap out of me thinking he wont be around for as long as a kitty should. But he's going to have the best life he can while he's around.
It is scary, but hey! He'll have a MUCH better life with you than elsewhere. He will be loved for his entire life, no matter how long or short. I, too, am glad you didn't get him adopted out. Most people would not go to the lengths you are for Bagheera.

Is it just me, or are vets insane when they tell people to keep kittens & puppies clam?