okay this is weird but I have to ask if this has happened to anyone else

jasam rules

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a kitten he is over 3 months now and we gave his mother away to another home woulda kept the mom but my daughter fell in love with the kitten and we have another male cat he is neutered but last night i heard a sucking sound and found the baby kitty sucking on the male and our male cat just lied there.. I don't know how to stop this has this happened to anyone else?

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kittens suck on my dog Sydney's ears and neck.They have done this ever since they were weaned from their mom. I've been told its ok and will probley stop on its own. My kittens are now about 5 months old and still do it everyday. Untill my dog teaches them not too, i think they will keep doing it. I think its comforting to them.

Its comforting to my dog too...lol...she really likes it and ends up falling asleep.

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oh what a cute pic!!! My 2nd (were with mom cat for over 4 months) and 3rd litter(6 months and kept the mom cat) are the only ones who nurse on the other cats. All mine are fixed and the kittens will g for boy or girl no dif to them(they do have thier fav cats to go to tho -its cute to see the skinny kitten on the 20 lb cat.

beccilou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i had a little black cat once called ebony(rip baby)and he would suck on my ear he did this til the day he died when he was 12 years old.he loved it and it just comforted him i think

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sydney

My kittens suck on my dog Sydney's ears and neck.They have done this ever since they were weaned from their mom. I've been told its ok and will probley stop on its own. My kittens are now about 5 months old and still do it everyday. Untill my dog teaches them not too, i think they will keep doing it. I think its comforting to them.

Its comforting to my dog too...lol...she really likes it and ends up falling asleep.

That's SOOOOO cute! The dog looks as if he's saying "Help.....me........please"