A little worried.....

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About Reilly. She's become VERY mean lately. At first I thought she was just protecting her kittens but now she's downright hateful. We could be acorss the house, no where NEAR the babies and she attacks us.
If Jake comes withen 10 feet of her, minding his own business, she will chase and attack him. She's doing it to Tiger also. When i try to walk past her, she growls at me.. I am going to call her vet and make an appointment ASAP. It's starting to worry me. She just doesn't want anyone or anything around her. She's just started doing this withen the last few days. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could she be going into heat again?I would say that one of your furbabies may have gotten to close to her babies and now she is just very protective of them.
I am sending good vibes that it is nothing serious!!!Please keep us updated.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any experience with momma cats and their kittens. So I think a vet visit is a good idea, just to rule out if the mommy is sick or just being overly protective of her babies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what I was thinking at first. That she was protecting the babies. Tiger and Jake both have been around the babies and she was right there.. no problem them. Now all of a sudden, she's being extremly aggresive towards everyone.

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe something happened that you aren't aware of with her and any of your other animals. I'm not much help, but I do wish you and Reilly the best, and hope she is just being moody.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be a number of things to fluctuations in her horman levels, a potential heat, or a new fear that one your family member or animals will harm her babies (maybe ya'll made a sudden move that starteled her or one of the others did something when you were out of the house and didn't know about it.)...eithor way, you are a wonderful mommy and did the right thing by making a vet appointment to figure out the situation
I'm sure your vet will be able to pinpoint an answer for you. Until the, I would just give her some space....also, has she had anxiety issues in the past? I would discuss this with your vet- with her hormone changes...the neurotransmitters in her brain (the ones that send "messages" across the synaptic gap...from one neuron to another....something could have happened to her to cause an imbalance.) Has she been through any kind of trauma recently (maybe fell off of something?) Sometimes things like that can affect the neurotransmitters ...and a bad experience or shifting hormones can affect her anxiety or aggression levels. Hopefully your vet will be able to help you.
Reilly is luck to have such a good mommy to take good care of her
Good luck! Keep us posted

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

It could be a number of things to fluctuations in her horman levels, a potential heat, or a new fear that one your family member or animals will harm her babies (maybe ya'll made a sudden move that starteled her or one of the others did something when you were out of the house and didn't know about it.)...eithor way, you are a wonderful mommy and did the right thing by making a vet appointment to figure out the situation
I'm sure your vet will be able to pinpoint an answer for you. Until the, I would just give her some space....also, has she had anxiety issues in the past? I would discuss this with your vet- with her hormone changes...the neurotransmitters in her brain (the ones that send "messages" across the synaptic gap...from one neuron to another....something could have happened to her to cause an imbalance.) Has she been through any kind of trauma recently (maybe fell off of something?) Sometimes things like that can affect the neurotransmitters ...and a bad experience or shifting hormones can affect her anxiety or aggression levels. Hopefully your vet will be able to help you.
Reilly is luck to have such a good mommy to take good care of her
Good luck! Keep us posted
She's always been very laid back in the past. I am hoping to get some answers when we take her

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

She's always been very laid back in the past. I am hoping to get some answers when we take her
Hopefully your vet will be helpfull on this one and figure out some answers for you
. I'm sure everything will work out. When's her appointment?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Hopefully your vet will be helpfull on this one and figure out some answers for you
. I'm sure everything will work out. When's her appointment?
Monday at 9 am

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Reilly, what is wrong baby??

Please keep us posted, I have no idea what it could be.
I'm really worried about her. I had to feed her in the bathroom tonight. She's also become food aggresive.
I had a cat name Church that did the same thing. It ended up being something nuerologic (sp?) and he literally went crazy
and we had to have him PTS because there was NOTHING that could be done for him. But that was 9 years ago.. I know medicine and surgery have come A LONG way since then so I'm hoping that's not whats wrong with her ...
I always Expect the Worst but Hope for The Best

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try not to worry too much, that won't help Reilly's situation...just stay positive and know that all of our vibes and prayers are being sent your way

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Try not to worry too much, that won't help Reilly's situation...just stay positive and know that all of our vibes and prayers are being sent your way
I'm very nerve-racked tonight... The kids have sent me up the wall with thier behavior. We went to a b-day party for my 4½yr old's classmate, so my nerved were already thin
Then Reilly attacking everything. My parents being in another country and now DH has decided he's going to play a TON of 80's hair band songs on his guitar... I think he's trying to finish me off

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any updates on her trip to the vet today? I hope you got the answers you needed