I HATE my sinuses!!!!!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not in a good mood right now.

I get post-nasal drip every now and again, and right now it is driving me insane. The worst thing about it is feeling snot/mucus constantly dripping down my throat. (TMI, right?) I'm constantly feeling like I'm going to throw up, and I keep on gagging because of it. I find myself constantly clearing my throat in the hopes of dislodging the mucus, but no matter how obnoxiously I make the “Heh-HEGH!” noise, nothing ever comes up, and my throat is now raw.

My throat is SO itchy and I have a humidifier right beside me and I'm FREEZING. Right now I’m so frustrated with my nasal passages that I hate them. In fact, I hate almost everything today. I hate my nose, I hate tissues with aloe, I hate daytime TV, I hate the cold, but most of all I hate, HATE, HATE post-nasal drip!

Vicks must be making lots of money off me. I'm eating their cough drops, I'm lathered in VapoRub, and I have two inhalers sitting here.

Argh! Rant over.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you feel better soon.
If it's any consilation, i've been sick as a dog lately as well.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I send prayers and healing vibes ... have you seen a chiropractor?? I am now for a unrelated thing but seems the nerve to my sinuses was being pinched I CAN BREATHE now

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate my sinuses too..............they give me chronic headaches and make my teeth ache!!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

I hate my sinuses too..............they give me chronic headaches and make my teeth ache!!
Me, too. My only remedy for the headaches is to lie down with a heated magic bag (you know, the bags filled with oatmeal or beans or something that, when heated, give off a deep, penetrating moist heat?) over my sinuses and wait it out.

I have no remedy for the post-nasal drip, though. I'd probably turn on the shower to maximum heat and move into the bathroom in the hopes that the warm air and humidity would clear things up.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

Me, too. My only remedy for the headaches is to lie down with a heated magic bag (you know, the bags filled with oatmeal or beans or something that, when heated, give off a deep, penetrating moist heat?) over my sinuses and wait it out.

I have no remedy for the post-nasal drip, though. I'd probably turn on the shower to maximum heat and move into the bathroom in the hopes that the warm air and humidity would clear things up.
You've tried over the counter things? Do you seem to be affected by the change in temps and seasons? I do!