Am I the only one here

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who has never watched Titanic and DaVinci's Code? Really, I fell asleep in the first 1/2 hour!

Anyone else?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

Who has never watched Titanic and DaVinci's Code? Really, I fell asleep in the first 1/2 hour!

Anyone else?
I haven't seen either! I've read The Da Vinci Code, though (who hasn't).

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

p.s. Here's a tip: DON'T go see Dr. Zhivago as a midnight movie! ZZzzzz....

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen both and you really aren't missing much. Titanic is West Side Story with out the dancing and singing. The Da Vinci Code is a mess.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Saw Titanic. Actually, we bought it based on the hype without having seen it before. Gave it away in a White Elephant gift a couple years later. Wasn't impressed at all.

Haven't seen DaVinci Code. Haven't read it either. Watched the documentaries about the historical premise though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gee, I should've made this a poll!

Did you know that Titanic, like Lord of the rings, failed to achieve an Acadamy Award for acting???

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I know that is weird ....Lord of the rings is much better than titanic...I have seen lord of the rings many times but I only watched Titanic once and that was when I was in middle school..lol

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well call me a sap but I loved Titanic! I actually thought about watching it again a few weeks ago but I never got around to it...

As for Da Vinci Code- never saw it, never wanna see it (even though I love Audrey Tautou), and I don't plan on reading the book!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive got the Da Vinci Book and ive only read a few pages of it. Havent been able to read it

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No, you are not alone on this one!

It took 3 years for me to finally watch the Titanic the entire way through! I was beginning to think there was a reason behind the strange goings on that was preventing me from watching it! The first 6 times I rented it from the video store, the tape either snapped in the machine, was soundless or just wouldn't play! The DVD I hired was in Japanese (obivious give away as a pirate DVD HIRED from a VIDEO store!!!), the DVD I borrowed off a friend wouldn't read in my machine and the copy I bought was scratched so it went back! Finally it came on the TV and I got to watch it! I was so dissapointed! It wasn't as good as everyone had made out for the past 3 years!!!!!!

The Da Vinci Code I still haven't watched... not really my cup of tea really! So what if there was a conspiricy! I believe what I believe and that is all that matters! No movie, book or scientist can change my mind! Yes, I agree that not all adds up but as a Christian and a child of the New Age I have learned that nothing in life is what it seems... there is always an explanation!

Don't worry honey! We'll one day be able to watch both and say "whew... how interesting/boring/insightful/thought provoking/silly was that movie!" Until then, I'll just wait until it comes on the telly!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Ive got the Da Vinci Book and ive only read a few pages of it. Havent been able to read it
Me too!!! I got through the fist what 80 pages and had to put it down! In fact, I can't read any of his books which is strange coz I can read anything!!!