Lucy's going to the vet

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Some of you might remember that my Lucy ended up having bladder surgery a month ago. Well, last night when she was doing her usual - look how pretty my tummy is routine - I noticed some red. When we looked closer, we found a red raw spot about the size of a dime. In her infinite wisdom, she had opened up part of the suture area. She seems to be ok - hissing at Carly (normal) and running around playing.

So we are headed to the vet in about an hour. Please keep the little one in your thoughts. I'm trying not to worry but I still do.

Thanks.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Of course you are worried, you love Lucy.

Both of you will be in my thoughts with the hope that that suture area can be repaired easily.
Lots of calming vibes are on the way too.

I'll watch for your update.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Lucy, what are you doing performing your own stitch removal?
Molly did the same thing with her spay!

Jana, I'll be thinking of you both and sending many calming }}}VIBES{{{ I'm sure all will be well!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh she does have such a pretty tummy!
Hope everything goes well at the vets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I had to leave my baby at the vet
(I expected to but there is that moment when they walk away with her). They are going to re-suture the spot and give her lots of pain meds so she'll be ok. Somehow it got irritated (either an allergy or maybe just itches).

I'll find out later today if they are going to let her come home. She may stay overnight so they can monitor pain meds.

Thanks for everyone's support.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww Lucy....sweet girl.

Leave those stiches alone this time.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw...she's such a pretty kitty. I really hope she can come back home tonight - you'll have to let us know what the other cats think of her absence.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Aw...she's such a pretty kitty. I really hope she can come back home tonight - you'll have to let us know what the other cats think of her absence.
Much is under the bed because I brought out the carrier though she did make an appearance about 10 minutes ago. Carly is loving it because Lucy is always so pissy around her.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Much is under the bed because I brought out the carrier though she did make an appearance about 10 minutes ago. Carly is loving it because Lucy is always so pissy around her.
yeah, i imagine Chip would be pretty happy if Cable had to spend a night or 2 away from home, too. Pixel would also be hiding because she knows what the carrier means, too

get well soon, Lucy!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Well, looks like Lucy has an infection. They put in a shunt so we all know what this means - an E-Collar. Lucy already has a lot of tortitude so I don't know what an e-collar is going to do to her. The vet says that the cats do better at the beginning in small spaces so she will spend the night. So first thing tomorrow, I'm going to be picking up my baby.

I have a full day tomorrow of stuff I need to take care of so hopefully, she just sleeps all day.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Well, looks like Lucy has an infection. They put in a shunt so we all know what this means - an E-Collar. Lucy already has a lot of tortitude so I don't know what an e-collar is going to do to her. The vet says that the cats do better at the beginning in small spaces so she will spend the night. So first thing tomorrow, I'm going to be picking up my baby.

I have a full day tomorrow of stuff I need to take care of so hopefully, she just sleeps all day.
Oh no, poor Lucy!! Best of luck and vibes to her..

When my tortie had an e-collar on, she didn't stop growling, hissing and biting whoever went near her...The vet techs asked me to come in to try and change her food bowl because they were scared of her...When I saw her I just laughed though, she talks a big game

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Oh no, poor Lucy!! Best of luck and vibes to her..

When my tortie had an e-collar on, she didn't stop growling, hissing and biting whoever went near her...The vet techs asked me to come in to try and change her food bowl because they were scared of her...When I saw her I just laughed though, she talks a big game
That's Lucy. She growls and hisses every time I do her nails but her nails still get trimmed. Every once in a while she will knock the clippers out of my hand.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any updates tonight? I'm sure she'll feel better soon
You take such good care of her and got her to the vet just in time

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Any updates tonight? I'm sure she'll feel better soon
You take such good care of her and got her to the vet just in time
Thank you. We feel badly because we hadn't been looking too closely. I'm just glad she likes to hang out on her back alot.

They were giving her pain meds so she should be sleeping right now. The fun will be tomorrow.