The dreaded blue jean shopping expedition

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well as I only have ONE pair I figured I should try to buy another (or two).
Tried on about 10 pairs-EWWWWWWW!!!!

They only pair I liked were to short.
Lots of the "lower rise" jean-well I need a bit more-I'm long waisted but don't want blue jeans up to my waist and lets face it alot of styles aren't the most "flattering" to my older body!!

So what brands does everyone like and why?????

I'm a misses not a junior.
But then some of the relaxed ones have so much fabric around the hips and thighs.......this is going to take forever!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I buy all my jeans at Vanity. Their line of jeans is amazing - they fit me so well and there are like 100 different styles, which helps! Plus, they are cheap - only like $20-$30 a pair.

My all time favorite are Silvers - they are like $60-$70 a pair, which basically is not in my budget!

manxmomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have found that the Old Navy jeans fit my figure really well. I just bought some a few weeks ago. There is a new line called "curvy" for women with more curves. They are super comfy and have more room in the thigh and hips, but are not too high or too low waisted. I think I paid $25.00 per pair.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm probably no help! I used to love the lei brand way back when I had my old body. Once I get it back I'll try em again. I did manage to get some jeans that looked nice on me at walmart though. Couldn't beat the price right? I need new pants too....maybe I should check back in this thread later! My best friend swears by jeans from express. Another won't wear anything but Gap jeans. I think it all depends on your body type fitting with the maker of the jeans.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last time I went jeans shopping I spent five hours going from store to store. It was rough but I got out with two from The Gap and one from Express. They worked out well.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

The last time I went jeans shopping I spent five hours going from store to store. It was rough but I got out with two from The Gap and one from Express. They worked out well.
I love Express too!

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, jeans shopping, you poor thing
*sigh* I hate that. They NEVER EVER fit properly. I´m sitting here now with the bottoms of my jeans turned up as they are too long! I dont have particularly short legs, I´m 5´5´´, maybe these jeans were made for giraffes!

Good luck, I hope you find some
Let us know how you get on!

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shopping for Blue jeans is my worse thing to shop for. Being tall abit over 5'9 I can rarely ever find any that are long enough.It can take me hoursto look and then I usually end up not finding any .

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bill Blass stretch fit me well when I was a 2 ( yes I at a proper wt am a size 1) .... But at a size 10 nothing fits right and jeans are sratchy

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

My all time favorite are Silvers - they are like $60-$70 a pair, which basically is not in my budget!
EBAY....
For real.

And I love Express, I just wish they'd come out with some different "butt styles" I mean like they have the same darn emblem on every pair, I like it, but I also like different style butts.

Havent heard of Vanity. Hmmm..
Other than that, I'm a Kohls girl. I like the LEI's, and the Angels.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jean shopping is the one thing I hate more than swimsuit shopping...NO jeans fit my body..it takes me weeks to find a pair

I have no advice for you..I am no good in this field

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Jean shopping is the one thing I hate more than swimsuit shopping...NO jeans fit my body..it takes me weeks to find a pair

I have no advice for you..I am no good in this field
Honey, I will take you shopping! We will find something for you here I swear!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Round #2-tried only 3 pairs 2 different brand "two thumbs down"!!
One brand was that $$$ seven for all mankind Jr sizes-lets just say not enough coverage!!! Will have to go back to mall next week for Round #3
To date tried 8 brands about 12 pairs no luck except the ones to short!!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I own tons of jeans... but only one pair that fit me really well and look good on. They are Blue London brand and the style is called the hipster (from Victoria's Secret). I always get the ones w/ the wide waist band and double button closure. They are 5 pocket style and sit low on the waist (I'm high waisted also). They sit about half way between the top of my hips and my belly button. Most have a straight leg w/ a bit of flare at the ankle. I also have long legs and these come in varried inseams (30, 32 & 34") which is really good for me. They are a bit pricey ($60) but I usually wait for a sale and can pick them up for $30-40 which is totally worth it. I actually need a 2nd pair. What I love is I know they fit so all I have to do is order them and wait for UPS.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Is there a VF (Vanity Fair) outlet near you? http://www.vffo.com/VF_stores.htm I'm very long-waisted, but always seem to find the size and style I'm looking for there (and the prices are great). If you don't find something you want the first time, go back two or three weeks later - it's hit or miss, but definitely worthwhile!

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good luck to you! I am definately sending sucessful shopping vibes your way!

I hate shopping for jeans. I am 18 years old and 5 feet tall (and have been for a while) Before I had my son I was wearing size 14 little girl jeans, and they were the only jeans that would drag on the floor. After baby I put on a few pounds and now I have to wear size 2-3 (sometimes 1) and they are all SUPER long. I dont even know what to do because if I get them fixed I will end up having straight leg pants and those kind of jeans just dont look right on me.

But I know what youre going through, i'll have to do the same thing soon!

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Levis 550. I don't like the low rise jeans because I don't want my underwear to show when I sit down, and I have a small waist, so the low-riders kind of pooch out when I sit. I like them about an inch or two below my belly button. I also like boot-cut. The cool thing is now that I know what size and style I like, I just have to look for them at Kohl's or Penny's or the internet and I know just what to get.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bill Blass jeans are a good fit, as are the jeans from the Newport News catalog. Lately, I've been buying Faded Glory jeans, from WalMart - at around $10.00 per pair, they're a bargain. I also like men's Rustler jeans.