Well, that was just mean!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok a little background info: Last year I fostered a bunch of cats for a local woman...a bunch! At one point she said I needed a cat tree. She was seriously getting on my nerves, so I told her no, I didn't. One day one of her workers (she owns a thriving business) shows up with a cat tree...fine...whatever. She said not to worry about it, I was paying for food, litter, and doing all the work. Well today, a year and a half later, she calls and said she wants it back, so she sent two workers to come and get it.

My girls are sad. And treeless.

shimmer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oooh that is soo rude! I would have told her that she wanted them to have it, so to push off, now that she has given it to the cats and they love it, she should have a bit more heart, and that its wrong for her to just take it away!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't imagine that anyone would want a cat tree after a year and a half of cats using it ... My two have practically destroyed all the carpeting on theirs, and it's scarcely been in the house for six months!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
don't worry Kelly, karma is a biotch. What goes around comes around that's for sure! She will (or won't) get hers someday! Maybe you should say something (politely) about how you feel it's rude and inconsiderate.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what the heck is wrong with people?! when you give someone something to have and not borrow, you should let them keep it, imo anyways. what an ignorant lady!!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have told her to frell off. Tell her you want remuneration for the funds invested in the cats at the time in respect to food litter and general care and see what she says. Better yet send a registered letter CC's to a legal aid. You can even take her to small claims court.

Who me bitter!? have people done the same to me, what makes you think that!!??

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is pretty rude. About 2 years ago I gave away my cat tree to a friend that recently took in a mother cat with one kitten. My cats hardly ever used it anyway.

When my cat had kittens there were serveral times I thought about that tree and wish I would have kept it for them to climb on but I would have NEVER asked for it back.

Geez that is so mean.

I would have told I am keeping it.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

what a heifer! i'd be mad too!

I would have been more than mad, how rude!!!! You should have just not opened the door for those workers to get it , ever

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mean. Rude. Thoughtless. Inconsiderate. All true, and all woefully inadequate -- but this is a family-rated site, so I won't go any farther down that road.

Bummer, Kelly!

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a RUDE inconsiderate lady! What is wrong with her? Surely she´s not going to sell it now? It must be pretty wrecked?
Your poor kitties now, without a tree.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You try to do something nice and cost free for someone and it kicks you in the butt!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was just telling someone else that during the time that I was fostering, she kept saying that I needed an air conditioner in my dining room because the nearby kitten room was close by, and I needed a screen door on the kitten room. Both true, but I had neither the time nor the muscle to do so. She calls me one morning saying she saw AC's on sale, and she could get a screen door, and her guys would install them. I finally agreed. When I asked her how much I owed her, she charged me not only for the A/C and the screen door (which I fully expected to pay), but charged me labor. I wrote a check to her for over $400! I couldn't wait until I placed the last of the cats I was fostering for her. She kept trying to bully me into taking more, but I wouldn't. I guess in a way this is the last vestige of that experience...now I'm truly shut of her.

Thanks for being angry with me
It's done, and it's not a battle I choose to fight. I will get my girls something else...something brand, spanking new!