You guys, I feel awful :-(

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh... where to start.....

We have been put on mandatory overtime for about the past month now. I have been working from 7:30am to 8:00pm and saturdays. They fired a few people here, so the workload is extremely heavy and i am just so beyond stressed out. I had such a bad day yesterday, it was just awful
when I got home, of course Murphy was all hyper and ready to play, well needless to say I was exhausted physically and emotionally so I did'nt give him any playtime. Well about an hour went by, and he was still all hyper, so he then starts aggrivating Chichi-stalking her, pouncing out from behind stuff etc... well I had just had it!
I feel soooooo bad
I smacked him really hard
I mean to the point that my hand hurt. Please nobody yell at me, I know I was wrong, and I cried like a baby afterwards-even now thinking about it I am getting all teary eyed. He was ok afterwards, a little leary, but fine. I REALLY really need some strength and happy vibes please. I have never been this run down and depressed, and my actions last night really frightened me. So could you please spare a thought for me

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh sweety, you must be really depressed and frazzled to hit your baby..I know you feel bad about that and know it was wrong...so I won't say anything else about it.

I know how it feels to be down in the dumps..I'm sending you lots of feel better/happy vibes

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feel your pain! I've been a little snappy with my dog lately for the same reasons, I'm very stressed too. I apologized to him though, I told him i was sorry for taking out my frustration on him
I'm sure Murphy will forgive you

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh heck, what a shame that your work has driven you to that ! Like Trout I wont go into the whole smacking thing BUT at least you know it was wrong

Is there anything you can do to help with your workload, I obviously dont know the ins and out of your work situation, but this is just crazy, working all those hours............its a risk to your health and safety as well !! Or can anyone help you with your chores etc at home to at least reduce the workload on you..........have a think you have got to get some order back for the sake of you, your family and of course your kitties

Well heres sending lots of supportive and helpful {{{{{vibes}}}}} to aid you back to normality

etain

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He'll forgive you, he's not hurt, you feel positively rotten about it and it was just a moment of weakness, we know you're not abusing him, and he knows it too. Try to give yourself a break, you need to de-stress. Do something that makes you really happy ... or, do nothing at all, that's my favorite, get yourself some comfort food, put on your most comfy PJ's and watch your favorite movie or read a funny book. Heck, have a whole marathon of your favorite movies, or whatever it is you like to do! I know what it's like to be so stressed out, trust me, you need this

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, SOMEBODY has to put cat treats on the table, right? OK so it was not a good thing to do. Tell me, has your cat ever taken a swipe at you? Chomped on your hand? No one is perfect. Don't beat yourself up too much. Take a rest when you can. Maybe the little stinkers can help you relax.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww, I am sorry!
I hope you feel better soon!
give Murphy a hug for me. I am sure he forgives you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 2dogmom

Hey, SOMEBODY has to put cat treats on the table, right? OK so it was not a good thing to do. Tell me, has your cat ever taken a swipe at you? Chomped on your hand? No one is perfect. Don't beat yourself up too much. Take a rest when you can. Maybe the little stinkers can help you relax.
yeah, Chichi bit me really bad last week for no reason at all- she has NEVER done that!

Thank you all SOOOOOOOOO much for you well wishes. As you may have noticed, I have'nt been around(here) in a while. They have forbidden us to go on the net, but thats just to bad- I need my TCS family! I work for the Election board for the city of ST. Louis, and this big election coming up is just going to be the end of me! I am calling in sick tommorow, I need a day of calmness, and a day to make up to my furbabies. Yesterday was the close of registration to vote in nov. and we were just bombarded! On top of being short staffed and overworked already. I thank you all so much for thinking of me and the kits! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

etain

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chichismom

: I am calling in sick tommorow, I need a day of calmness, and a day to make up to my furbabies. :
I love mental health days! Promise to spend the whole day in your PJ's, chilling out and doing whatever you please

shimmer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This has happened to me before too, so I know what you mean, but please don't be worried about it, I am sure your kitty is fine, half the time they don't really know what you're doing, lol. cheer up!

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Etain

I love mental health days! Promise to spend the whole day in your PJ's, chilling out and doing whatever you please
Will do!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well thank goodnes the general election is 3 plus weeks away-overtime until then???? I think you need a mental healther day . Don't do anything "worklike" tomorrow-rent some chick flicks, buy some chocolate, munchies and settle in to do.......nothing.
Hope you feel better!!!!

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, we will be on OT (overtime) until probably a week after the election
I just can't wait for this to be over!