Morning Meowing

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bob is driving me crazy with his morning meowing. He starts around 4a and used to stop after he had been fed. The last few days he's continued to meow for the next 2-3 hours, disrupting my sleep. He has full access to the apartment, is well fed and welcomed on the bed. This is really stressing me out because I'm dealing with Freckles' illness and some other personal matters at the same time. Any advice? (And yes, they're both neutered.)

gbw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! I'm a new cat owner (a few months), so I'm sure my advice may not be as good as someone who has more experience with cats than I do, but my sweet little girl KitKat meows quite a bit. She also gets up early, around 5:00 a.m. usually, and sometimes she is very vocal and other days she's more quiet. I'm noticing when I use Feliway plug-ins in the house, she seems to be more calm and quiet.

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bob'sMom

Bob is driving me crazy with his morning meowing. He starts around 4a and used to stop after he had been fed. The last few days he's continued to meow for the next 2-3 hours, disrupting my sleep. He has full access to the apartment, is well fed and welcomed on the bed. This is really stressing me out because I'm dealing with Freckles' illness and some other personal matters at the same time. Any advice? (And yes, they're both neutered.)
Is he meowing at you or at the window? Polly sometimes meows at the birdies in the morning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He tried to climb up the window (there's no sill in the bedroom) last night. I think I need to get more Feliway. There is a big window/sliding door in the living room where he can go to watch birds - does he want me to join in with him?

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bob'sMom

He tried to climb up the window (there's no sill in the bedroom) last night. I think I need to get more Feliway. There is a big window/sliding door in the living room where he can go to watch birds - does he want me to join in with him?
Maybe the birds he can see from the living room aren't as good