Tinted Moisturizer

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what brand to try. I don't wear any make up most days. i wear the occasional bit of mascara and eye shadow. Lipgloss is normally chapstick and that is the most i wear. But my skin tone is starting to need to be evened out slightly and foundation is too much. What is a good brand of tinted moisturizer for me to try that isn't too expensive?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like Elizabeth Arden's daily moisterizer which has SPF 15. It's called Sheer Lights and I find it's not too much, unlike some brands.
I've tried Yves Rocher's tinted moisterizer and thought it was too dark. They don't have large enough range to choose from.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I honestly cant tell you!
I have the one by Johnsons (holiday skin) i loved it at first but after a while it made my skin orange!

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love Paula Dorffs tinted moisturizer, you can get it at Sephora.com, they have everything maek up there.

Right now Im actually using Proactiv tinted moisterizer, cause it is good for your skin unlike other makeups, so Id rather where that then something that can clog my pores and give me pimples. I love it!

etain

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I swear by Paula's Choice products http://www.paulaschoice.com/default.asp

Paula Begoun was a make up artist who became famous for uncovering all the dirty little secrets of the cosmetics industry, for finding out what products live up to their claims and which ones don't. After 20 years or so of reviewing everyone else's products, she finally put out her own line of stuff that meets her strict standards for efficacy, safety and an absence of irritating ingredients. I use her "skin balancing" line of products, and it's awesome. It's been a huge help for my very pale, pinky, splotchy, sensitive skin. I've used some of her other skin care stuff as well and it's all great. The make up is decent, but I prefer L'Oreal, they have better colors for me. The prices for skincare products are comparable to what you would pay for higher end drug store products like Olay and L'Oreal.

She also still does fair and balanced reviews of products on the market, and you can search for some of these reviews on her web site, or you can check out her last book from the library and get more info there (I find the web site a little less daunting, I think the book is about 6" thick!). And she backs up her reviews with sources. She's become a real expert on the chemistry and technology of modern skin care.

As far as tinted moisturizer goes, I've only used one kind, and it was very, very light, but it did a beautiful job, very natural looking, Clinique's Super City Block, it's an effective sunscreen/moisturizer and has the slightest touch of color. I think it's still under $20 a tube, and a little goes a long way, so it should last a while. The only have 1 or 2 colors, but it goes on sheer, and seems like it would look good on almost any skin.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I honestly cant tell you!
I have the one by Johnsons (holiday skin) i loved it at first but after a while it made my skin orange!
That's different from a daily tinted moisterizer.
Tinted moiserizer is just like very light make-up, and you wash it off at the end of the day.
Those sun-less tan or bronzing products will change your skin colour. I used a couple of those this summer and ended up with patchy orange legs at the height of summer and couldn't wear shorts!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Etain

I swear by Paula's Choice products http://www.paulaschoice.com/default.asp

Paula Begoun was a make up artist who became famous for uncovering all the dirty little secrets of the cosmetics industry, for finding out what products live up to their claims and which ones don't. After 20 years or so of reviewing everyone else's products, she finally put out her own line of stuff that meets her strict standards for efficacy, safety and an absence of irritating ingredients. I use her "skin balancing" line of products, and it's awesome. It's been a huge help for my very pale, pinky, splotchy, sensitive skin. I've used some of her other skin care stuff as well and it's all great. The make up is decent, but I prefer L'Oreal, they have better colors for me. The prices for skincare products are comparable to what you would pay for higher end drug store products like Olay and L'Oreal.

She also still does fair and balanced reviews of products on the market, and you can search for some of these reviews on her web site, or you can check out her last book from the library and get more info there (I find the web site a little less daunting, I think the book is about 6" thick!). And she backs up her reviews with sources. She's become a real expert on the chemistry and technology of modern skin care.

As far as tinted moisturizer goes, I've only used one kind, and it was very, very light, but it did a beautiful job, very natural looking, Clinique's Super City Block, it's an effective sunscreen/moisturizer and has the slightest touch of color. I think it's still under $20 a tube, and a little goes a long way, so it should last a while. The only have 1 or 2 colors, but it goes on sheer, and seems like it would look good on almost any skin.
I Love her, too. Im on her latest review email list. Shes great !!!!

teri9672

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
if you have an Ulta in your area, I like their brand of tinted moisturizer.
You may also try Bare Minerals. It's very light coverage.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I think i am going to try Paula's Choice first! Seems like a good product!

etain

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I Love her, too. Im on her latest review email list. Shes great !!!!
Me too! I was just reading today's newletter

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I like Elizabeth Arden's daily moisterizer which has SPF 15. It's called Sheer Lights and I find it's not too much, unlike some brands.
I've been looking for something like that for myself...do you get yours at the Bay?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

I've been looking for something like that for myself...do you get yours at the Bay?
Yes I did. Every year they have a two for one deal, and that's when I buy for the whole year! Otherwise, it's a little too pricey for me.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the bodyshop one, but then I find it hard to find something pale enough for my skin, so I sometimes have to take something I like slightly less for the better colour

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I got my order from Paula's Choice last night. I only got the sample sizes and I am wearing it today! I love it. I am going to order the full size bottle of it soon! Thanks everyone!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

That's different from a daily tinted moisterizer.
Tinted moiserizer is just like very light make-up, and you wash it off at the end of the day.
Those sun-less tan or bronzing products will change your skin colour. I used a couple of those this summer and ended up with patchy orange legs at the height of summer and couldn't wear shorts!
I thought she was talking about the holiday skin stuff!!

etain

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Well I got my order from Paula's Choice last night. I only got the sample sizes and I am wearing it today! I love it. I am going to order the full size bottle of it soon! Thanks everyone!!
I'm so glad you like it! It's the first line of skin care products I've found where everything is good, and it all does what it says and none of it irritates my skin ... it's practically a miracle