I'm back (Kev)- what have I missed?

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Morning folks and with the help of Stephanie, I am back - my last visit according to the log was 16 Feb 2006, a few months ago you may say.
Its been a roller coaster year for me and still is, but before I bore you senseless with it, what have I missed?
Kev
Purring in the office after turning round three times and sitting in front of the pc!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back Kev - I have thought about you and wondered how you were. Let us know as much as you are able to.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kev!!!!!

You have to fill us in with all the news in your life!!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I discovered that driving my van into a deep ditch can be detrimental to my back...

Nice to see ya again!
Hope things are better for you.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Kev, welcome back.

Since February, I've left Bill and moved into my own place, changed jobs and am presently waiting for my new granddaughter to be born (she was due on Monday).

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kev,

I am delighted to see you back! Hope you'll share how you are doing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, after last year and the divorce, I was totally devastated. However, I met someone with the help of a friend from here and the lady and I saw each other for the first time back in Oct 05. A lot more meets later and at xmas, we decided to make a go of it and she sold her house and moved north to me (168 miles) in March and we have been together since. Are renting a bungalow until March then we are hoping to buy somewhere. I am happy as I can be and shes been a rock to me. she accepted that I could not move south as I dont want to be missing from my son's life. What a gem.

I still have and suffer daily with terrible depression, was very ill with it last year and other health probs inc still having 3 ulcers caused through stress. Migraines are a bi-weekly thing.... any help to get confidence back and be happy again would be appreciated.

However, I have not stopped seeing my son who stays with me and I have him every sunday or saturday and talk frequently during the week. He and I have a magical father/son relationship that gets better by the day and we are so close, you would think we were joined. He remains the reason I am here to type this. Never have I loved anything as much as I do him. I still get on great with his mum and her hubby and their baby, so its good and my other half gets on brilliant with him and well with his mum.

I was hurt in a car crash in May this year and parts of me still ache.

In oct last year, I advised you that I was learning to glide to get my pilots license. On 8 July at 10.19 this year, in front of my instructor, the lady in my life - Ashley, and a stack of others - I was sent solo. Since then I have flown many many times solo and am addicted to being free to fly where I want, ride thermals, etc. I have loads of picces. Up there is where I find my peace. I now hold a gliding pilots license - 0-60 in two seconds on the winch and I now fly single seaters.

There is a lot more boring stuff but thats a starter for you or is that enough.

I did hear sadly that one of the members sadly died. Can I ask who and how?

K

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kev

I did hear sadly that one of the members sadly died. Can I ask who and how?

K
Oh, Kev
That was Cathi (Blondiecat). She had a heart attack and sadly, did not recover from the coma she was in following.... That was a very tough time for all of us. I can't even begin to describe to you the mood the board took during those following days. It was very quiet...

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry, She and I traded e-mails a while ago and I have nothing but good things to say about her.
Thanks for letting me know
K

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well things seem alot better for you!!!
How cool is it to be able to "glide"-I'd like to see the pics as I don't know anyone who does that except you!!
In Sept of 2005 my office closed-I got a very good severance pkg and decided to start my own landscaping business. This first season hasn't been too bad-but there have been lots of achs and pains along the way (some still continue).
Good to read that the headaches are better-one of my friends suffered terribly from them but made some positive changes in her life (like you have) and they have been better.
Yrs ago I was diagnosed with an ulcer. Once in a while it flares and I avoid alcohol, caffeine when its acting up. I had also taken a stress class at that time which seems to have helped.
How old is your son now 11 or 12??? Can he be in the glider with you???
Keep visiting TCS more often!!!

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My son turned 7 last month - hes going on 27 it feels! As far as gliding is concerned, I cant take him up yet as only recently qualified. I have loads of exams to do before next July. After that and I get x country rated, then I can go up and away further. Am hoping to go fly wave in Scotland early next year which can be anything up to 10 000 feet plus of pure bliss. Once up there, on your own, its just you and mother nature and if you can get into a thermal, she takes you away in her arms.
Delighted to hear of the change of direction and sorry it hurts still. Its great is gardening, if a little sore!
Both at one with nature - you look after the earth, me in the sky. Thats life for you!

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Glad to see you are back and that things seem to be on the up for you. I had not joined when you were here so I look forward to getting to know you!

I hope things continue to get better for you!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was hurt in a car crash in May this year and parts of me still ache.
My accident was in April. It's turning cold here and the aches are so bad I am wishing I still had some of those lovely prescription pain meds.

So glad to hear you have found someone and that you and your son get to be together often.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

My accident was in April. It's turning cold here and the aches are so bad I am wishing I still had some of those lovely prescription pain meds.

So glad to hear you have found someone and that you and your son get to be together often.
I am sorry to hear about the continued discomforts related to your car accident
Just in case you haven't tried this, I find Advil is like a miracle for the hip and lower back pain I can get (early arthritis and degenerative discs). I don't do chronic pain well (I can handle almost anything short term), and especially not bone pain...advil takes it all away. I really should buy stock in the company

If you haven't tried it, unless for any reason it would interact with other meds you are on or is contraindicated for you, consider trying it.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Advil and have used it, but Aleve (or the generic) is my current OTC of choice. (Also good for those pesky monthly cramps.)

Sorry we hijacked your thread, Kev!