An easier way to scrub the kitchen floor

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I scrubbed the kitchen floor - on my hands and knees!

So tonight, I ran the dishwasher before supper, and stopped it mid load to get some plates out quick for dinner and re started it.

Well... there was a lot of standing water in there, apparently too much. As the dishwasher was finishing the load of dishes - the water seeped out onto my floor!

John came home a bit ago, and walked onto the floor and freaked out from the water! I didn't know it had happened, so we had to use all the towels we had clean to soak up the water!

Never again, will I stop a load of dishes and start another
NEVER!!

So - my floor got scrubbed twice today. Oh well, just my luck

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Girl you need a job! I rarely get down on my hands and knees to clean anything! Let alone the kitchen floor!
At least you learned your lesson!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your right, I do need a job. And maybe a lesson on how to use a dishwasher

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to scrub my floors on my hands and knees too, then I discovered this great little invention called a "mop"

About 8 years ago I bought a Koblenz Floor Cleaning Machine that has attachments for carpets, tile, stone, etc. It scrubs, scours, shampoos and polishes! I love it. For tough jobs in my kitchen or bathroom I use it and then run over the area with a clean mop. I have it standing in a corner of my kitchen with solution in the cannister so all I have to do is just plug it in and go when I need to.

http://www.abcvacuumwarehouse.com/va...oors%2FCarpets

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I used to scrub my floors on my hands and knees too, then I discovered this great little invention called a "mop"

About 8 years ago I bought a Koblenz Floor Cleaning Machine that has attachments for carpets, tile, stone, etc. It scrubs, scours, shampoos and polishes! I love it. For tough jobs in my kitchen or bathroom I use it and then run over the area with a clean mop. I have it standing in a corner of my kitchen with solution in the cannister so all I have to do is just plug it in and go when I need to.

http://www.abcvacuumwarehouse.com/va...oors%2FCarpets
I looked at the site...that machine looks so simple! I can envision it scrubbing linoleum...but doesn't it get the carpet all wet?!?! Does it pull the moisture back out if used on a rug? And the biggest question...can it be used with Oxyclean as the solution?!?!

Kenzie...I HATE when I work hard, then have to work even harder because something went wrong! From now on, just mop the floor. If you must, scrub the edges, then it is almost as clean as if you scrubbed the whole thing! LOL!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

I looked at the site...that machine looks so simple! I can envision it scrubbing linoleum...but doesn't it get the carpet all wet?!?! Does it pull the moisture back out if used on a rug? And the biggest question...can it be used with Oxyclean as the solution?!?!
It is simple. Mix the shampoo or cleaning solution, add it to the cannister, apply the desired pads/brushes, plug in the machine, turn it on to the desired speed and press the trigger to release the solution. Release the trigger to stop applying the solution. Press the trigger again as needed.

I use it on my carpets with the shampoo brushes. The dampness of the carpet depends on the amount of shampoo you release on it. It's not a vacuum so it doesn't suck up anything. After you apply the shampoo and scrub the carpet, let it dry and vacuum the area.

I don't see why it can't use Oxyclean as the solution. I use a solution of diluted Mr. Clean to clean my tile floors.

When I wax my hardwood I use the waxing brushes, spread paste wax on the bristles, and then apply the wax to the floor. Once the area is dry I use the buffing brushes and/or polishing pads to shine it up.

I absolutely love this machine. It's great for me because I have a bad back and once you have the machine on, you pretty much just have to guide it's movements. It's not like vacuuming where you are working up a sweat to move the vacuum around.