Ex's - do you still talk to yours?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're talking about ex husbands here at work...........we all have one. (more than one for Debi)

Do you still have contact/talk to yours? I haven't talked to my exhusband Dave since the early 90's................

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ive only been married once but I still do speak to my ex boyfriend (serious relationship) Actually its quite funny because we still see eachother and joke like old pals and Im a bit close to his new wife...though I have no clue if she knows we were together, though she probably does know

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My ex (lived together for 11 years) is my best friend besides my husband, and we see each other about every couple of weeks. He gets on fine with my husband, so it's all good.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My ex-husband of 9 years still has visitation with Oliver. He comes over about once a month and is friendly with my husband and myself. Once, his brother stopped over from out of town looking for him and I was able to track him down.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No never! If my second husband fell off the face of this earth I wouldn't blink an eye!!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Talk to mine on just about a daily basis. Not because I want to... trust me on that
But because we have a soon to be 9yr old son together. We have TRIED (and I emphasize TRIED) to keep it amicable between the two of us.
He gets along pretty good with my current husband...as well as can be expected. They've DEFINATLY had thier moments though

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My ex-boyfriend that I dated for 4-5 years is no longer in contact with me. We used to talk or email occasionally as friends, but I've been told that his new wife forbid him to talk to me or contact me anymore.
Some women make me laugh...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. I haven't talked to my ex boyfriend of 5 years since we broke up. I saw him last week and just about had a small panic attack. I will never want to speak to him again!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope
Keeping a friendship keeps those memorys alive and times those feelings alive (not always for you but maybe that other person).

If your going to build a new relationship that person shouldnt be reminded that your still in contact with somone you once slept with/had feelings for/or were married to. I keep finding ex shouldnt be in the mix when in a new relationship. I learned it the hard way.

If your single and have ex's around beware it can hinder you from moving on at times.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
NO WAY! I haven't spoken to an ex-husband in years and have intentions or reason to.

tlea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not if I can help it I don't speak to mine,..lol,..we don't fight any more,...but maybe its because we don't talk any more,.its been many,..many yrs ,.

tlea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love your comment about exercise,...& of course I also LOVE chocolate!!! TLEA

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have an X that we were really good friends, but the relationship just didnt work. The friendship does. He comes to all of our holiday gatherings, with his wife.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I have an X that we were really good friends, but the relationship just didnt work. The friendship does. He comes to all of our holiday gatherings, with his wife.
I think it's great when people can admit a relationship isn't working, move on, and remain friends...........not always possible, but wonderful when it does.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do, but we've only been separated/divorced for about a year and a half. It's usually about an issue or something though, we don't just talk as friends. I think his new girlfriend doesn't like him talking to me
I'm with Emily, some women make me laugh sometimes

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I do. My ex is one of my best friends and I get along well with his girlfriend too (and yep, she's the one he left me for
)
It's a long story there. But I guess me and my ex were mostly just friends even when we were living together but making believe that there was something more there... so now at least we're honest about it

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't even wanna go there....my ex boyfriend called me yesterday and made me cry....
I hate that....i've told him not to contact me numerous times...It's too upsetting for me.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any ex husbands. I have a gaggle of ex boyfriends, a couple of which were reasonably serious relationships (well, one of them was that whole first love thing).

I am regularly in touch with one of them, the most serious relationship. He and I broke up basically because it fizzled into a friendship. We talk often and I recently went to hear his band play at the diviest bar in Chicago and he did the engineering on the live recording of my recital and my most recent demo. Every time I'm in town, I have at least one meal with his mom and sister.

As for the others...I occassionally talk to my old high school boyfriend and one of them is at conservatory with me so of course we see each other and it's fine, but the rest of them have fallen off the face of the earth. I've only had one messy, painful breakup in my life, and I ran into him once since that happened and we actually had a good conversation and he bought me a beer. But the others are just scattered all over the city (or country) and I don't really have any reason to contact them.