Game: Riddles

enkeli-kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This game is quite simple, whoever guesses the riddle gets to post the next one. You only post a riddle if you guessed the previous one correctly before anyone else did. ^.^ Here's the first one!

There once was a man who had no eyes
He went outside to view the skies
He saw a tree with apples on
He took no apples off and left no apples on

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if he had no eyes....how could he see the tree?

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only like riddles I can figure out!

This one is driving me crazy...Alaynna, its always that way with riddles...You have to think of some kind of man that doesn't have eyes...It's likely an inanimate object or something of that sort. At least it's usually that way...Something obvious where you go..."oh, am I that dumb?"
Kidding.....But I am stuck.

We NEEEED a hint...Hint, hint..

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I have been racking my freakin brain over this thing....!!!

I think I have some of it.. Alaynna made me think of the eyes and so I focused on that and all I can come up with is that the man could see but didn't have "eyes" but you CAN see with ONE eye so he is a man with one eye..

I can't really figure out the apples thing though! I will think on it and come back!

Ok, I think I get it....It's about the plural thing again.. He didn't take apple(S) off nor did he leave apple(S) on...So, he took ONE apple and there was another apple (not appleS) on the tree still!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OKay a man with 1 eye saw a cloud the shape of an apple tree in the sky and didn't puck any apples but he also didn't leave any on the tree.... OKay i'm confuzling myself!

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I am still assuming that its a one eyed man and there were only two apples on the tree...and Enkeli is offline so she can't tell us....*pout*

Here is another riddle... (if I am wrong about my answer above, then just ignore my post!

Someone at a party introduces you to your mother's only sister's husband's sister in law. He has no brothers. What do you call this lady?

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to think on this one and report back later or tomorrow if no one has gotten it.
I was inclined to think Dandelion but they are still there when it rains....

lovemybabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

Only one color, but not one size,
Stuck at the bottom, yet easily flies.
Present in sun, but not in rain,
Doing no harm, and feeling no pain.
What is it.
a Shadow
(I've heard that one before, that's the only reason I know, haha)

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The maker doesn't need it
The buyer doesn't use it
and the User doesn't see it
what is it?

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by enkeli-kitten

This game is quite simple, whoever guesses the riddle gets to post the next one. You only post a riddle if you guessed the previous one correctly before anyone else did. ^.^ Here's the first one!

There once was a man who had no eyes
He went outside to view the skies
He saw a tree with apples on
He took no apples off and left no apples on
I think I might have it. Notice that it says "he saw a tree with apples ON" It doesn't say "He saw a tree with Apples on IT"

So maybe, this man had a shirt that had apples on it. Maybe he didn't take this shirt off, but he took all the apples off the tree!

I'm probably just confusing everyone even more but 0oh well!

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

The maker doesn't need it
The buyer doesn't use it
and the User doesn't see it
what is it?
A Coffin..............

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Willie'sLove

I think I might have it. Notice that it says "he saw a tree with apples ON" It doesn't say "He saw a tree with Apples on IT"

So maybe, this man had a shirt that had apples on it. Maybe he didn't take this shirt off, but he took all the apples off the tree!

I'm probably just confusing everyone even more but 0oh well!
I think the one eye thing was right...and there were two apples on the tree but since he only had one eye...he only saw one apple...so he took one off and he still thought there was one apple on the tree

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

enkeli-kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

Ok, I have been racking my freakin brain over this thing....!!!

I think I have some of it.. Alaynna made me think of the eyes and so I focused on that and all I can come up with is that the man could see but didn't have "eyes" but you CAN see with ONE eye so he is a man with one eye..

I can't really figure out the apples thing though! I will think on it and come back!

Ok, I think I get it....It's about the plural thing again.. He didn't take apple(S) off nor did he leave apple(S) on...So, he took ONE apple and there was another apple (not appleS) on the tree still!
You got it!!!!
Yeah, that's the hardest one I know!!