Is there anything that you miss?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there anything from your past that you wish you could have back again?

For me, other than my wonderful father, I think I'd like to have back my anticipation of the holiday season...
........nothing like it when your a kid. From this time of year till New Years was such a fun time for me as a kid..........
Trick or Treat and parties at school, etc. Then Thanksgiving with vacation from school. Of course Christmas was the best of all! The anticipation was unbearable at times! Anybody else miss anything from thier past?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, I miss the length of my summers as a child. They just blow past ever faster, now that I'm a grown-up. SIGH...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SarahBeez

I miss having NAPS be an acceptable part of the day!!!!!!!!!!!
That too!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I miss high school.

I've ran into alot of old high school friends on classmates.com and it brought back alot of memories.
To be careless, bill and child-free

I also miss my old car.. I got it a month after my ex-husband and I split up. It was a symbol of freedom for me.
I also miss my baby Oreo.(RB)

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I miss the unwrinkled version of my face.

Long summer vacations.
Optimism.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I miss the (sometimes
) dual income I had at my disposal when i was with my ex

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Long summer days where all I did was drink chocolate chip milkshakes and read books in a hammock at my Grandmother's house.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Another thing I miss... when Chad & I first got together... that brand new love feeling that has you so wrapped up you can hardly think of anything else

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was a child, I couldn't wait to get out of school. Now that I'm an adult, I wish was still in school, and not working a grueling job. Growing up, is just not what it's cracked up to be.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Growing up, is just not what it's cracked up to be.
You said it all right there, Hope! This whole being an adult thing sucks.

I miss my mother most of all.

I miss being able to go trick or treating, and going Christmas Caroling with my friends from the high school choir.

I miss being able to just walk or ride bikes around the neighborhood without having to be afraid for who else was out there.

I miss family vacations. Heck, I miss going on any vacations!

I miss the carefree days of college - adult enough to have fun, but not have the responsibilities of bills and a real job.
And having time to read books - real books!

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I too miss my anticipation of the holiday season as in the eyes of a child.

As a grown up it has been no fun for the last few years. It was bad enough when it was just because I had trouble finding the right gifts for people. I always wanted to get things that they really, really liked and made everyone happy.

But these days getting there is the problem. In my decline I can no longer climb stairs. More than one or two small steps are almost impossible. So now the holidays have to be at a place I can get to or I stay home. Then add the same old problem of what to get and how to get it.

I really did like it better when I was a kid. Then all I worried about was if it would snow in time for vacation.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

When I was a child, I couldn't wait to get out of school. Now that I'm an adult, I wish was still in school, and not working a grueling job. Growing up, is just not what it's cracked up to be.
And I can remember when old people would say “these are the best years of your life, enjoy then while you canâ€.

At the time I thought they were crazy.

When did I get so grown up?

etain

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I miss my Grandpa, and childhood in general. Seeing my parents and brothers all the time. Spending all weekend every weekend skating (and many hours during the week too) and doing whatever I wanted to with my time. I miss my dog, Scottie and my first Cat Izzy, whom I was barely old enough to remember, but she was so tolerant ... and fat
She let a three year old carry her around by her front end, back end touching the floor, and I'm sure I sqeezed her like a teddy bear and did all kinds of things cats don't like, but she was always sweet (unlike my brother's calico who ran for the hills when she saw me
).

I miss the holidays being more fun and less work.

I miss having spare time and spare energy.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I miss my Grandpa who died of prostate cancer and my Uncle who died of a brain tumor. They were both very important men in my life, and I really do miss them so much
And my Great Grandma - she lived to be 97, she had about 22 great grandchildren, and knew each of their names, where they went to school, their sporting events - everything. Her mind was so sharp, but her body just wasn't. I miss her terribly as well.

I miss living at home, being with my family everyday. I'm such a family girl - I can't hardly stand being 2 hours away from them!!

Oh, and I also miss having a job

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I miss this time of year back when I was living at home.

I miss Lola. I miss her every single day, still.

I miss having time to play alto-sax in a big band.

I miss being at the top of my class, like I was in high school, both musically and academically.

I miss being certain about what will become of me in the next year.

I still even miss my Papa. He died when I was 12 and we were fairly close but not really. But he did some really amazing things for me that I was too young to really appreciate. He was a great man. I would have liked to introduce him to Ian...they would have really liked each other.