Litter boxes.....

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where do you guys have yours? My friend is "thinking" about getting a cat, but she says she has no room for a litter box. She lives in a single wide mobile home and she says there is no where to put one.

I have a basement, so I have 4 boxes and they are down there. What about you guys?

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One in the bathroom and one in the computer room. No basement here.

Master bath is being redone, so it can't go in there. Don't want to put it in the kitchen, the living room or the master bedroom. There's one other room, but it's a mess right now.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I have one in the hall by the downstairs bathroom and one in the office downstairs.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
We have ours in the hall by the front door because we don't have anywhere else for it.
In our new house I think we'll put it in the spare room, and when somebody stays over we'll put it out in the hall, or maybe downstairs. I am very lucky indeed to have incredably flexible cats who don't mind things like that being moved about.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I live in a single wide and at one point I had 2 in my bathroom, 3 in the kitchen and 1 in my bedroom, but now that my spare room has been cleared out, I have one in the kitchen, 1 in the bathroom and 8 in the spare room
the one in the kitchen is going to be phazed out here shortly though, didn't wanted to give the kitties a chance to get used to going in the spare room

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was a small (as in only about 4ft tall) broom closet in our kitchen under the stairs.
The door was removed and we have a hinged baby gate installed 6 inches off the floor.
The box is in there.
I'm thinking of getting some light canvas drapes to hang down just to the top of the baby gate.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have always had one in the laundry room, but since Elsa's surgery we had to have one on the main floor too, so it is in our as-yet-otherwise-unfinished sunroom.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have the 2 of ours in our bedroom. We are fortunate that we have a big bedroom, so they both fit along the wall on either side of our dressers. We use the bigger Rubbermaid Totes - so they each have their own, and there is enough room in there for them, and our stuff.

I've moved Harley's box around like 5 times since we've had him
Until we finally found the spot in the bedroom that worked the best. I'm lucky, like Lauren, that Harley & Davidson are so flexible and don't mind whenever we move them.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have two in a closet/storage room off the entry in my apartment and one in a corner of my spare bedroom. Seems to be an acceptable arrangement for my crew!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, I live in a small duplex, as in the basement is off limits to the kitts. So we have a main living area/dining room with a tiny kitchen off of it, a hall way with a coat closet, and linen closet, a regular sized bathroom, and 2 bedrooms. I have 1 litterbox for 2 cats, and change it twice a week/scoop daily and we keep it in the closet in Jazzy's room. She has 1/2 the closet, and the other 1/2 is shelves, so it's below the shelves on the bottom....and it has a cover so nothing can fall into it. Then we just leave the door open about 5 inches.

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
one downstairs in the foyer...it's on a tile floor which is easy for cleanups

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We never eat in my kitchen and my table is used more for storage than for eating off of, so we keep two litter boxes underneath the table, up against the wall. In my tiny apartment, there really is no place else for them.

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have Carl's in the dining/breakfast room. We have the Booda Dome, which takes up very little space and has a carbon filter to prevent smells.

It is about 12 feet away from the living room and I have never smelled a single litter box odor of any kind. I have an Oust fan thing right next to the box, which works very well too. I was really nervous about having my apartment smell like cat litter, but I was so pleasantly surprised!

Oh, and we use the Feline Pine cat litter, which absorbs the smell (and the liquid). Works beautifully!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got two downstairs in the laundry/half bath and one upstairs in the spare room (which never gets used). I could put one in our room if I had too but they are more stinky than us most of the time and Wickett is a digger and it would wake/keep me up hearing him digging around.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use to live in a single wide trailer.. It was a 2 bedroom... There's plenty of places to put it... The bathroom,, a closet,,..

Heather

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seee, I told her PLENTY of people don't have basements and that they make do with what they have...............

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a 2 story home, and with 8 cats I have the 5 covered litter boxes, I downstairs, 2 in one bedroom, 1 in my bedroom closet and 1 in the computer room, I have that same amout of litter lockers also, I have had people tell me that they would never know I had 8 cats inside. But I am home all but 2 days a week so I clean them several times aday and I use the disinfectent wipes all around the sides and the outside of the boxes also...Works for me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's our siggy's again Lois.............your Tiggy and my Dunkin are long lost brothers I think!