How often do you vacuum?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With having 2 cats now, I find myself vacuuming ALL THE TIME!

When I was working daily - I would only get to vacuum about 1 - 2 times a week. Now that I'm home all the time, I find myself vacuuming everday - or more than once a day!

How often do you have to vacuum?

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I vaccum once a week.. If I can.. It's really hard to do with working full time, and going to school full time, and have a 4 year old daughter.. But it needs to be done with 4 cats.......

I do sweep my kitchen floor everday,, because of cat litter.. ugggh.. I hate that stuff,, my cats are such throwers,, and to top it off,, they shake their foot when they get out, and it slings on the walls.. Makes me soo mad!!

But I love the little twerps!!!

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I havent vaccumed as of yet for two reasons: I dont have a vacumm yet, and shes only been here for 4 days. I will get one tonight, and I am planning on vacumming everyday, she is medium haired and sheds like crazy!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
I have a routine, when I walk through the door I feed the cats, change their water, put the kettle on, then vacuum the whole place.
Mainly because of the cat litter but I just can't relax in the lounge of there are any 'bits' on the carpet.
Maybe I'll struggle a bit when we have a bigger house in a couple of weeks

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once a week is all I can stand. We have wood floors, which I dust mop but I vacuum the furniture and rugs and in the kitchen.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I put every other day, but its really like every 2 days, at least that's how often the living room gets vacuumed, but the spare room, hallway and my bedroom only get done about once a week

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We try to vacuum once a week, every second week if we're busy.

Our 2 don't make a huge mess....

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HAHAHAHA I never do, I let DH do it! He hates the fuzz which mostly comes from our white dog. We have a Hoover bagless tunnel which really sucks up a lot of hair. I drool over the Dyson animal but too much money for me to spend.....

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I vacuum on average everyother day...but sometimes I have to do it everyday...Reilly is a very furry monster

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I vacuum..probably once a month...since I only have one cat and Monkey doesn't really shed...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got lucky. Our carpet doesn't show cats hiar, or the cats match the carpet! It's white & black speckles, so white, black, & organe fur doesn't show up!
I don't vacuum nearly as often as I should....mainly cause it scares Damita.... Once a month, at least. I *try* for once a week, but that doesn't usually happen.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alaynna

I vacuum..probably once a month...since I only have one cat and Monkey doesn't really shed...
You're lucky!

Harley sheds like CRAZY! We have light blue carpet, so it doesn't show, but it sure does when I vacuum! Sucks up a lot of that black hair

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We got a cat that matches our furniture and carpet!
He is a tabby and we have dark beige carpets, tile and leather furniture--so I never notice his hair.

But I vaccuum every week to prevent any unncessary cat hair. Also, the hubby is slightly allergic to hair and dander, so we dust/vacuum every weekend.

The litter box area gets Dust Busted at least every other day though!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I vaccume once or twice a week with the regular vaccume cleaner. I vaccume everyday though with my small little dustbuster to get small messes and keep the house tidy.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I vacuum every couple days- sometimes more, sometimes less...

But usually I HAVE to vacuum because Chad tracks so much crap (grass, mulch, dirt, leaves...) in the house! We have a dark red/burgandy carpet (previous owners choice- doesn't match anything of ours
) that shows every little speck on it & it drives me crazy! I'm hoping this winter it will slow down since he won't be doing landscaping & mowing... I'll just have salt everywhere!

There's been times where I have vacuumed two or three times in a day from him tracking stuff in...

But otherwise I usually vacuum every 2 or 3 days... when I'm lucky!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

With having 2 cats now, I find myself vacuuming ALL THE TIME!

When I was working daily - I would only get to vacuum about 1 - 2 times a week. Now that I'm home all the time, I find myself vacuuming everday - or more than once a day!

How often do you have to vacuum?
ok, i should vaccuum every day with my four. but i don't i don't vaccuum every week... or every month... actually, i think it was about 3-4 months ago the last time.
i really dislike vaccuuming... can you tell?