9mos old and lots of tummy issues

evert9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bandit is 9mos old now and is 11lbs. He's having diarreah like crazy. Took him to the vet twice and he was negative for bacterial infections. We switched him from Royal Canin to Wellness about 8 weeks ago and diahrrea has been a problem for about 4 weeks.

Vet said that Wellness has changed their formula quite a bit and some pets are having issues. Have you experienced this?

We feed 2 times per day, 3/4-1c total per day. I thought I may have been overfeeding so I cut back just a little and have been more towards 3/4 cup. Only dry food.

What else could be causing this? He also has organic cat grass that he likes to chomp on. Not sure if that would do it or not. It's the kind you grow yourself from a plastic dish.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be many things the brand of food. The cat grass might be the cause. I would stop letting him eat that and see.Your not letting him drink any milk?That would cause it, if by chance you are. Some cats have IBS and need meds for that.I really can't offer much help. Just wanted to send some get well vibes. And I hope you can get it sorted out. I know its so frustrating when are cats are having problems and we can't figure out the cause.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

evert9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gardenandcats

Your not letting him drink any milk?That would cause it, if by chance you are.
Nope, no milk nor people food!! Our puppy was having some of the same issues but she tested positive for bacteria. Bandit has been tested 2 times now and both times negative. We thought they could have been passing it back and forth.