Daily Thread: Wed. 11 Oct

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
all

Just got back from the Docs, everything is ok, in fact its great
Have managed to lose 7lbs since last May and kept it off
Now it may not sound very much, my problem has always been crash dieting and then putting it straight back on again.

I think more about what we eat, so chips are vary rarely eaten as is any fried food, crisps, chocolate etc again we avoid as much as possible. We have been eating more stir frys and salads, so it has worked

Well its almost Tigger Time
She is going to the vets this morning for her second set of vaccinations. Hubby took her in last week for a sore eye and had the devils own job getting her into a basket
For a 3-legged cat she is very difficult to handle
And he said she was very distressed, panting, breathing hard when she got there.

So not really looking forward to this visit. I think i will just wrap her in a towel and pop her in the box. Well thats the theory anyway
best check the cupboard for antiseptic cream....

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning!

Congratulations on your healthy eating diet!

Aww, poor Tigger doesn't know what she's in for yet!
Good luck with that! Handy tip - Marrigolds work wonders for preventing claw stabs!

A manky day here in the Land of Manc - thunder storms and torential rain!
Willow has just managed to ease himself out from under the settee - poor thing is terrified

More packing to do today - oh the joys!
At least I won't be having to go out and get soaked though which is a plus!
Although, I do need to change my nearside rear light bulb - so regretting not doing it over the dry weekend now!

Have a Happy Hump Day everyone!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thats so exciting, how have the cats coped with all the changes going on at the moment.

Hows your move going sarah ?

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by VampireCat

I wonder how Sarah is getting on with her move as well.
Waiting and waiting!
We're awaiting our Homebuyer Report - hopefully a soaking wet postie will be dropping it through my door any time now!

Other than that, it's still the waiting game really!
I'm sure all will be well with the Survey and everything will be back on the move again!

I've packed numerous boxes now - oh the joy - and still have many, many more to go!
So much stuff - really should stop buying massive controlers for the GameCube!

Are you still hooked on your Xbox?

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tiggers appointment is at 11am so i am getting a bit nervous about it, not a great idea for me to fret as i am sure she will pick up on it.

I am so please to have lost some weight
i still feel heavy but there is new ladies gym opened in Wrexham so i am seriously thinking of joining. It is a little more expensive thatn i would like (free would be better
) but i want to feel better and fitter.

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Its pouring with rain here as well, the thunder storms woke me up in the wee small hours, they seem to have worked their way up towards Manchester now.

Oh i love my 360
played on-line last night, most of the guys there seemed to be from across the pond judging by the accents
But its great fun and i got my butt kicked
I really must practice deathmatch more.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Won't Pete buy you the Multi-gym you saw a while ago?

I hope your visit with Tigger goes a lot smoother than you expect and she wanders right into the box!

Yeah, on the radio this morning, they had callers from the Wirral and Blackpool where it was raining and they said it would be working towards Manchester - funnily enough, I noticed that it was raining at daft o'clock this morning!

You actually get to speak to people! That must be so much fun!
What games do you play?

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Morning all!
It's absolutely pouring down here aswell! Miserable
It's still really dark also, it looks like really early in the morning.
Marks brother is taking 3 boxes down to his Mums for me today as I can't move for boxes and washing!

I have seriously stuck into it the past couple of days while I've been off work and the place doesn't feel like home anymore. Theres nothing on the walls anymore and I'm down to using the bare essentials.
I have to do my handwashing though
There are a few items which have been in the laundry basket for weeks because they are hand wash only and I've been avoiding it
Not transporting dirty clothes to our new house though.
Going to finish off the kitchen this week and then the last bits of the bathroom next week along with packing a bag with a few days worth of clothes in it, then I'm done!

Hope that postie brings your report today!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's getting so close for you, Lauren!

Are you still off work?

Thanks!

Oooh, Mr Postie is over the road right now, he should be at my door soon!
He has my report with some lovely rainy day reading!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by VampireCat

Oh i love my 360
played on-line last night, most of the guys there seemed to be from across the pond judging by the accents
But its great fun and i got my butt kicked
I really must practice deathmatch more.
WE have accents?

How about all those words Sar uses that she has to explain all the time???

Great day here, we finalized our home purchase yesterday, the sellers will be out by 5pm today so

Sar, hope you are feeling better and your move goes well. Same to you rosiemac!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

How about all those words Sar uses that she has to explain all the time???

Great day here, we finalized our home purchase yesterday, the sellers will be out by 5pm today so

Sar, hope you are feeling better and your move goes well. Same to you rosiemac!
But I don't have to explain to my fellow Brits!

Good Luck with your move, Neet!
I bet you're excited now!

Thanks, Neet! I hope so too - just awaiting Mr Postie to arrive at my door with my report!

ETA:
My report wasn't there!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well CRAP that your report isn't in Sar. I know you are looking to move things along. I don't know how it works "across the pond where ya'll talk funny," but there were several weeks in our purchase process where I got really concerned because nothing seemed to be going on. Then suddenly - LOOK OUT! Things were hopping and the crunch was on!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a poop!
I know what you mean about things seeming like nothing is going on - pretty much like that, but we do need the Report so we can move forward!

I know you're right! In a week or so, I'll probably be whinging and whining that things are going too quickly and 'I'm not even ready'!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're expecting rain here today also.Plus, LOTS of hail.Should make shopping with 4 kids FUN!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck with everyone's move!

It's pouring rain here today too...I guess everyone is getting crummy weather.

I need to do a few loads of laundry today, and take care of some business related stuff....should be a fun day!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning everyone!!

Um, I should actually be getting ready for work right now...this TCS is awful..so addicting I think I need an intervention...

Anyway, not much going on today with me..I got my GST cheque yesterday..which is just money from the government for some credit for some tax thing...yadayada...no idea really, but its a free $88!!

I will be going to the gym today and working my butt off...I can hardly wait

Um, so have a good day, I have to go get ready or I will be TRES LATE for work.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
God Morning! Piles of work for me today! I am sleepy and have a headache. Its really trying hard to rain here. Sprinkles and stops and sprinkles and stops. The weatherman says its supposed to rain so I am assuming that the real rain will be here soon.

I tried the pam in the litter box trick last night after I scrubbed them out. Phenom isn't really happy about the new smell in there I guess. She pops her head in the box and sniffs a minute the sits there and looks at me as if she is saying "That box smells. You expect me to use that smelly box?!" Hopefully there will be no mess for me to clean up when I get home this afternoon!!