Introducing my new additions & a name needed!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't get overly excited. I adopted a pair of "special" kitties tonight.

One is a fat tortie & the other an odd buff boy.
The tortie female is blind, "almost dead" & has food allergies. The buff boy seems to be odd, is smaller, & has these little stick legs supporting a larger body! They came with the names Damtia & Chico.
Yeah, I'm a foster failure & proud of it!
I've had them for 9 months & Damita just gets one more health problem after another....

I don't know if Chico's name fits him anymore. He's an April Fool's baby & is quite the fool. He will take quite the beating from the other kitties & then he walks right back up to them to get beat up again! Damita is still going to be Damita as it fits her & I've trained her to come when I call her name. Besides, in Spanish, Damita means "princess". That's her!

Here's some pics, some older & some newer.
Meaty Attack!!

Snuggled into Meaty Mama's behind...

Basket Buddies

One of the few toys Damita can see(of course, it makes noise, too)

Cheeky Attack!!!(he still doesn't quite grasp the fact that scratching posts should stand up)

Sleepy Cheeky

The funniest thing is my dad didn't even realize, after 9 months, that Damita & Chico weren't our cats!
Leave it to a guy... If you've got questions, there's more info in the thread "Do they even stand a chance of being adopted" in S.O.S.

Name ideas?

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are to cute! I went threw the same thing with Bagheera. He was a foster but he couldnt seem to get healthy. And I also fell for him. After 3 months I deicded he was here to stay. No one appreciated him as much as I did. They all called him ugly when they came to see him.
Anyways Crongrats

Names...............
Charlie
Joshua
Ben
Himmie

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations Natalie! I'm glad you found the right decision in your heart.
They sure do look comfortable with you, and you're right - they definitely cannot be separated.

For names, Chico's description reminds me of one of the silent comedy geniuses like:

Charlie Chaplin
Fatty Arbuckle (real first name is Roscoe)
Buster Keaton
Stan Laurel
Oliver Hardy

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He reminds me of something to eat...I think the bread my husband's aunt makes - Poteetsa bread. It's a swirly cinnamon bread.

If he's a fool, what about Puck? Well, maybe you don't want to to go outside calling, "here Puck!"

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sticking with the comedian names...his current name is Chico, one of the Marx Brothers. Maybe you should rename him Harpo? since he loves to clown around and doesn't always come out 'on top of everything' (Harpo was a kind of force while Chico and Groucho were the 'smart ones'.)

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are both adorable and I'm glad you decided to adopt them both!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gizmocat

sticking with the comedian names...his current name is Chico, one of the Marx Brothers. Maybe you should rename him Harpo? since he loves to clown around and doesn't always come out 'on top of everything' (Harpo was a kind of force while Chico and Groucho were the 'smart ones'.)
Or maybe he's one of the Three Stooges?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Or maybe he's one of the Three Stooges?
Now, if I'm going to go with one of the three stooges, I need two more boys!
(I'd also need a place to live
)

I like Oliver Hardy & Stan Laurel....we've had 6 sets of Harpos & Groucho's(no Chico's as I had one) at the shelter this summer. We lost 3 of those sets to distemper. Those names would make me sad.

Hmmm....I've gotta do a google search for names so I can get some ideas. I've got a Twitch, TigerLily, Ophelia Rose, Damita, & now I need something else.....

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a tortie,, and her name is Chestnut.. I call her Chessy...

But that was her name before I got her.. I would had renamed her..

I picked a whole lot of names I liked just on her color:
Caramel
Butterscotch
Marbel
Marvelly
Mixxy
Brulee (This is the one I had wanted to call her)
Buggy (She's a cuddler)

But since he's a comedian,, fool:
Laffy
Com - Short for Comedy
Abril - Spanish Word for April
Tonto - Spanish Word for Fool
Avril - French for April
Bete - French for Silly

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started reading this thread thinking, oh, cool, someone's adopting some new kitties! Then I saw the kitty names, and thought, wait a second...aren't they?

They ARE, and you are awesome for keeping these two close to your heart and giving them a furever home with you!!!

Congrats on your "new" additions!!!

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver Hardy's nickname was Babe...you might use that instead.
Were you planning to rename both cats?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gizmocat

Oliver Hardy's nickname was Babe...you might use that instead.
Were you planning to rename both cats?
I'd rahter not re-name Damita as she comes when you call her name & snap your fingers....I think it would be harder to change her name...unless I can find a pair of names that suit them.... Chaging Damita's name is a possiblity...

So far I have:
Felix
Cheeky
Baccardi
Casanova
Chiclet
Cicero
Hiccup
Marley
Oliver Hardy
Stan Laurel
Tonto-just added

GingersMom, I had you going there, didn't I? I'd much rather have these two "geezers" rather than kittens. I HATED having Lily as a kitten around. I just don't want to do that again. I swear when I get to pick out a kitty, it is going to be a white cat, whatever color eyes, but deaf, and old.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I'd rahter not re-name Damita as she comes when you call her name & snap your fingers....I think it would be harder to change her name...unless I can find a pair of names that suit them.... Chaging Damita's name is a possiblity...

So far I have:
Felix
Cheeky
Baccardi
Casanova
Chiclet
Cicero
Hiccup
Marley
Oliver Hardy
Stan Laurel
Tonto-just added

GingersMom, I had you going there, didn't I? I'd much rather have these two "geezers" rather than kittens. I HATED having Lily as a kitten around. I just don't want to do that again. I swear when I get to pick out a kitty, it is going to be a white cat, whatever color eyes, but deaf, and old.
I think he looks like a Cassanova!

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are so cute. Congratulations on adopting them!
For names for Chico- from your last list I vote for Marley. Or, if you want to keep to the Spanish theme Tonto.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you adopted them! I love them so much, and I couldn't bear to see them be seperated or adopted to someone that didn't have TCS.