Can't I have some privacy?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The newest trend around here is when I go to the bathroom the boys also come in and go as well. It's nice to know that they use them, but I'd like to use the bathroom alone for once.

Shutting the door isn't an option. Bit knows how to open it. I found that out the hard way when he scared the holy tar out of me when I was in the shower once. He thought it would be a great time to test to see if he could climb the inside of the shower curtain. He can.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

The newest trend around here is when I go to the bathroom the boys also come in and go as well. It's nice to know that they use them, but I'd like to use the bathroom alone for once.

Shutting the door isn't an option. Bit knows how to open it. I found that out the hard way when he scared the holy tar out of me when I was in the shower once. He thought it would be a great time to test to see if he could climb the inside of the shower curtain. He can.

Tiger mastered Shower Climbing at about 8 weeks old.

He's now 17lbs and is a bit too heavy to do it anymore but when he does, its around time to replace it anyways

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know the feeling. Living alone, I never shut the bathroom door. Buddy is under the impression that I can't brush my teeth without supervision. As soon as he hears my electric toothbrush, he is up on the vanity, demanding that I use my free hand to pet him.

Last night, he sat on the end of the tub and watched me take a shower and he and Rowdy always supervise me, in the bathtub.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boomer, if I have a bath, will come in and immediately try and dry and part of me that gets wet that is above water with a strange look on his face as if to say 'you aren't supposed to get your fur wet you know - duh! Now I have to clean you all up
' silly kitty

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yea, well its not big deal when fast, but when you going to be there for a few min,
i can really do without the kitty on the sink looking at me, or worse jumping on my lap when naked. that is just a little to much kitty supervison .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first time it happened I just laughed. Now it's getting to the point where I make an announcement. "Boys! Time to go to the bathroom."
I hear a scamper and all three of us do our business.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's so funny...we say around here that the kitty's aren't a fan of the "closed door policy"

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

I know the feeling. Living alone, I never shut the bathroom door. Buddy is under the impression that I can't brush my teeth without supervision. As soon as he hears my electric toothbrush, he is up on the vanity, demanding that I use my free hand to pet him.

Last night, he sat on the end of the tub and watched me take a shower and he and Rowdy always supervise me, in the bathtub.
I think they think we're purring when we use stuff like that.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a thought - especially for those of you whose cats follow guests - maybe, at least for the guests - install a lock?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Harley and Davidson freak out when I shut the door to the bathroom. They will paw at the door, scratch at it and meow so loud the neighbors probably think I'm abusing them

So, I leave the door open. They walk in, notice that they are NOT missing out on anything- and walk out. I shut the door, they freak out.

Davidson has realized that when I'm going to the bathroom, he will climb up on my lap and sit there as if to say 'well, your sitting down, pet me!'

No kitty, I don't bother you when you use your litterbox!

Silly cats!

etain

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have the same thing with Midir, he figures you're there, you're not going anywhere, so you might as well pet him. And he'll rub up against you, purr, give you the big sad eyes and use every other trick in the book to make sure you do. He also can not be locked out of the bathroom, he paws at the door until it opens ... we need a lock

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

Just a thought - especially for those of you whose cats follow guests - maybe, at least for the guests - install a lock?
My guests have got used to them and just ask Boomer if he is going with them when they go, he is fine with the door closed if he is in the bathroom.

We do have a lock but no one seems to use it

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Sounds like my house. I have zero time away from my cats when I'm home. Where I am they have to be and if that means I'm in the bathroom so are they. Like your kitties, mine also come in when I'm in there to use the litter and get a drink from the sink. Chynna sits and looks at me until I pet her. Abby lays under my legs

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's excactly the same in my house! Our bathroom door is always open and Pippin always "supervises" us in the bath, brushing our teeth, putting on my make-up, going to the loo etc.... it's got easier now that when I go to the loo to do my business, so does Pippin! He goes straight to his littler tray and does his business, I scoop and I flush! Easy!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like the same here.. All my cats feel the needs to watch us take baths, and go to the bathroom, and brush our teeth.

I've got 4 cats just staring at me, when I'm in the shower,, they push each other into the bathtub,, just for fun,, and to steal their spot on the ledge of the shower.. It's quite funny,, but my husband doesn't care for it at all..

You'll hear him taking a shower, and then he's yelling.. "$%^& it cats,, give me a minute of peace..." I know he likes it though,, he'll get out and be laughing at them as they skower the bottom of the shower...

My cats are against closed door policy too.. Any door closed makes them pretty mad..

catfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Danny is the same way. He will paw at the door until I open it and then sit on the counter and watch me until I am done. Fortunately, he can use his litterbox without my help!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Louie is now a shower stalker....if you close the door a bit, he will cry & cry & cry outside the door, so you end up dripping wet, & cold to open the door a bit more so he can come in....he hasn't realized he can just open it up himself yet!
And then when you turn the shower off, he is immediately in the tub, ends up soaking wet feet/tail/belly/nose.... then hops onto my pillow (of course he has to follow me to the bedroom to watch me get dressed
) and I end up laying on a wet pillow.

And Luck? Well, she used to be a perv, but now she's realized that there is nothing exciting going on it there that she's missing out on, so she'll pass. But if I take too long, she's right by the door: "whaddaya doin'? what's goin' on in there!? what's takin' so long?!"

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol...Abilene's "room" is the bathroom....she has her own little white shelf about the toilet with her own kitty bed and everything....she mastered shower climbing at a young age also. You would think by now that she would have learned not to do it...but she does anways...Some days I walk in the bathroom to see that the curtain rod has fallen off into the bathtub..and Abilene will be laying down on her shelf looking all 'innocent' - Right....I know who's responsbile!
lol....