For all of your tea lovers out there.....

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever heard of or bought Hibiscus tea?? I am reading Woman's World and it says to drink it to help reduce blood pressure. I've never heard of it?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never tried that, but the honeysuckle tea I got from the Asian market was aweful!!!!! And it does not smell anything like American honeysuckle!!!

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Susie,
Hibiscus tea is known to lower blood pressure, but for overall benefit, I suggest green tea.. It lowers blood pressure as well but also contains free radicals which are known to fight against cancer as well as other numerous ailments..It's an acquired taste....but if you have ever gone out for asian food and had them bring you tea in tiny little cups, that is what it is..
I drink it every day and love it now..It's thirstquenching too.
See below..

http://www.teabenefits.com/green-tea-benefits.html

What people say about Hibiscus Tea (from the same site)

"I loved this variety. It reminded me of sitting on the beaches of Hawaii with the constant scent of the tropical flowers. I love it! "
- Amy R.

"This was a pleasant surprise, wonderful aroma and a mildly sweet flavor."
- Emily

"Pretty tea, flavorful and a bit fruity. Makes a nice ice tea."
- Victoria

"Makes a fabulous iced tea - the hibiscus really jazzes it up. Mix with a bit of juice for an extra kick."
- Shannon

http://www.teabenefits.com/herbal-te...-benefits.html

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I thought the tea they brought you in chinese resturants was mostly oolong tea... it tastes VERY different from Green tea.

I like green tea with a bit of jasmine. It takes the edge off the after taste.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dunno. At my favourite restaurants, its always green tea. I also buy it at Asian supermarkets. These are the best and most economical places to buy tea here....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks.............I'll have to go check them out!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tazo Passion Tea has hibiscus in it. It is the kind that is sold iced at Starbucks, and they also have it mixed with lemonade. I normally don't care for herbal teas but I do like that.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I drink a lot of green tea but can I recommend white tea. It is the same as green but has more benefits. ANd it tastes good too!