Escher's bath

jkrodger

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
These pics were actually taken awhile ago and Escher gets bathed fairly frequently as he doesn't like to clean himself very much, he's better about baths now, it only takes one of us to do, haha. Enjoy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jkrodger

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, he doesn't enjoy the actual bath, but he loves being dried off and then brushed. He holds no grudge for the baths, but our other cat, Phoebe, will stay away for a day or two and refuse to let us brush her!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh how cute, I have heard some horror stories about cats and baths! All my cats are really good bathers, Severino will get right in the shower with me so I can clean him

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
..........aww.............bless............what a cutie, especially wrapped up in a lovely blue towel to show of his clean black coat

so do tell more, I´d never really heard about a cat not liking to wash ??
how did all that come about then ?

jkrodger

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Actually, Escher is much better now, he will yowl while waiting for Phoebe to get bathed (it's much easier to take them both in the bathroom and close the door) but once he's in, he will try to escape a couple of times but finally give up. Neither of them have bitten or scratched (though I have bathed cats that do both), but Escher will wrap his paw around my leg and look up and whine (as if begging for mercy) but now that they're both well behaved, they know they'll only be in the water for a short amount of time.

Some basic tips for bathing a cat:
- make sur ethe tub is filled and the water is off before you gather them up, the sound of the rushing water will scare them even more!
- if you're not sure how they'll behave, have someone else in the bathroom to help you
- have towels ready to dry them off when they get out
- have a cup to use to get them wet, never dunk their head under water, this can cause serious trust issues!
- clear everything off the bathroom counter/sink area, I learned this the hard way when Phoebe escaped the bathtub and jumped up on the sink, knocking EVERYTHING over
- talk to them soothingly when they're in the water and gently wash them, some cats will even learn to enjoy their baths

Finally, for those of you who do have water loving cats, congrats! It should be nice and easy for the bath!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He reminds me of the cat that was on Funniest Videos. All during his bath he was yowling and it sounded like he was saying "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO".

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh my goodness!!!! what an adorable kitty!!! those pictures are prescious!

jkrodger

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

He reminds me of the cat that was on Funniest Videos. All during his bath he was yowling and it sounded like he was saying "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO".
Actually, Escher does this before we put him in! When I hold him over the tub and am slowly lowering him into the water, he sounds like he says "NOOOOOOO" followed by the "NO NO NO NO" , but really mainly before he gets in the water.

jkrodger

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

(ps, is he named for mc escher, the artist?)
Yes he is, my FI named him, though he went through several different ideas before finally picking him. In fact, our extra bedroom (AKA: Escher and Phoebe's room) is full of Escher prints!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jkrodger

Yes he is, my FI named him, though he went through several different ideas before finally picking him. In fact, our extra bedroom (AKA: Escher and Phoebe's room) is full of Escher prints!
SO COOL! I love Escher prints....and anything black & white really.

jkrodger

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

SO COOL! I love Escher prints....and anything black & white really.
Ideally we wanted our second cat to be black and white (or another all black one since our HS is flooded with them) but then we rescued our grey torti and there went that plan!
But we do plan on getting a black/white cat soon! And we're looking into getting either a black/white Boston Terrier or an all white (as all of them are) American Eskimo!