Arrrrrggghhhhh! 6 month old in heat!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what's worse......... an ambulance siren combined with fingernails scraping down a chalkboard, or the howling of a bengal in heat.

One of our girls, Spellbound has been in heat for 6 days now and of course she is driving us nuts with her persistant yowling. She's much too young to be mated, not to mention she is one of our showcats and I don't want her pregnant yet. Mother nature apparantly doesn't agree with my schedule of events.

I sure hope she goes out of heat soon and I'm praying she's not going to be a "perpetual heat" girl, like some bengals are known to be.

I could use a few TCS vibes to help this pass soon!

If nothing else, she provides an example of why it's important to have your girls spayed early if you aren't a breeder.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh fun! Mooch went into heat 2 days before her spay appointment. She was only about 4 1/2 months old. Fortunatley it only seemed to last about a day and she was just chirping, not howeling. I hope it passes soon. Otherwise you might want to soundproof a room and put her in there!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww I know the feeling. We had to re-spay our HHP - her constant yelling was driving my hubby crazy. I had forgotten how bad it can be since I stopped breeding the rexes late 90's.

You could always just put her in a room and close the door and wear earplugs

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh joy of joys, don't we just love shorthair cats!
I actually don't know which is worse, silent intense heats (like my girls) or loud heats! At least with loud heats you can take the girls away and put them in a cold, dark room but with silent heats, you can't even tell they're in heat unless there's a behavioural change! Never mind, loud heats are worse...

I feel for you!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those of you who breed cats have much better nerves than I do. I don't know how much of being around a female cat in heat that I could take.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's FINALLY simmering down some. By tomorrow she should be out of heat completely.
She's got a show in less than 2 weeks, sure hope she remains out of heat until then!
I'm sure the other exhibitors don't want our girl disrupting the relative tranquility of the show.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Denice

Those of you who breed cats have much better nerves than I do. I don't know how much of being around a female cat in heat that I could take.
Most cat's are horrible when in heat. I wouldnt be able to handle that either. LOL When I lived at my parents house Annie Rose had already went into heat. Her first heat was 1 day after she turned 4 months old. Every 2 weeks after that. LOL But she never made any noise. Thank God. She just laid there in the mating stance and moving her butt in circles till she bumbed her butt into something and then she start shaking her tail and moveing her back legs up and down. It was the weirdest thing I ever saw! She's normally very vocal but she made no noise while in heat.