Best Hand Vaccum????

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I need help....
I have a large Hoover vacuum for my carpet.
I am thinking about buying a hand vacuum to pick up stray litter, fur on my computer etc.
Something that I can quickly use for small jobs.

There are so many brands & styles.
If you have experience with hand vacuums,
please write a review about how it worked for you.

If you were going to buy a new one....what kind would you buy?

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My handheld is a Black and Decker 4.8v Dustbuster. I think I've had it for just over a year and half and have never had any trouble with it!

One of the best things about it is that it has it's own charging station, so you don't have to worry about batteries or cords!

Although the replacement filters are pretty dear, I've discovered that I can wash them, let them dry, and they will last a whole lot longer - infact, I have only ever used one!

It collects a lot of fur and litter, which is it's main purpose and can also pick up water, so bowl spillages are no problem at all!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had a Dirt Devil hand vac, for about 6 years and it works wonderfully. It gets the cat hair off of the furniture and does great little pickups. The replacement bags are inexpensive and have a pretty good capacity, for a small vac. Since it has a beater bar, it gets Tucson's ever-present dust, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am off to look at Dirt Devils with beater bars and the B&D Dirt Buster.
They both sound great.
Thanks

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have a Dirt Devil and absolutely love it. It is so powerful that it can suck your carpet into looking normal after a heavy piece of furniture has been on it for months. I think I feel the same way about my Dirt Devil as men feel about their power tools. Argh! Argh! Argh!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

While checking out hand vacuums online...
I found this Black & Decker photo that I think you will enjoy because it has a kitty in it.

http://www.blackanddecker.com//Produ...CHV1500_A5.jpg

That is my kind of hand vac.
That's a great picture. I bet none of my cats would hang out in their litter long enough for a pic if someone turned that thing on!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking who would vaccum up unused litter? It's too expensive, I'd just use my hands to get as much as possible back in the bag!

But very cute photo.