Raising food bowls

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those of you who have raised your cat's food bowls to help with digestion, what did you use to raise them? I imagine if I put them on top of a box or something, they will just knock the bowls over. Thanks!

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used ceramic bowls, and the box was up against a wall, so even if they pushed the bowls, they never pushed farther than the wall.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At our other home, I had a small plastic container with a ridge around the bottom and put the bowls on top of there - they never knocked them over.

Now I have one that is a double iron (in the shape of a cat) that holds the 2 bowls separately - they are only off the counter about 1/2 inch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great ideas, thank you!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by msrpavao

Plastic bowls aren't good for cats?? Howcome?

Magda
Plastic bowls get tiny scratches in them that hold bacteria even after washing which in turn often causes feline acne. Metal bowls really are the best and not expensive. I have about 8 of them so I always have a clean one when the others are in the dish washer. Also make sure to wash their dishes between feedings, in other words, don't put fresh food in a dirty dish.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by msrpavao

You learn something new everyday, I guess .. that's why this site is great! What about ceramic bowls?
Ceramic should be fine also

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a heavy seems like cast iron single bowl holder on sale at Petsmart - to hold a stainless steel water bowl for Patrick - it helps encourage water drinking for kitties with crf. It's is Frankie's favorite water bowl and she chooses it over the regular bowl on the floor.