I'm desperate and I don't know what to do???

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in a tissy right now,, and I don't know what to do..

I found a home for the one of the little strays that I had, had for 1 month and a half. The lady picked her up on Wednesday, and then emailed me this morning tell me it isn't working out.. That her little kitten is scared of Kella now.. It's only been 4 days. She put her in the bathroom.. Well she travels and she left this morning, and won't be back until Friday (I think). She wanted me to pick the cat up on tonight, but i have school,, and she lives in Cincinnati,, so it's like a 45 minute drive for me.. So I won't be able to do it until Tuesday..

So I told my husband, and he said he really didn't wanna take her back, because, the other kitten that was with her has adapted with our cats really really well. Alex is even beginning to be groomed by one of my cats,, they are just really getting along.. My husband is scared they'll start attacking him, if we bring Kella back into the house.. (side note: When Kella was around it was constant fighting)

I don't know what to do now?????

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What if you ask the woman to give you a little time to try and find a home for her...as its not the best idea to bring her back home to your house?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doesn't sound like that is gonna be an option... With her traveling....

Shelters are still full, unless I take her to a kill shelter, and I won't do that.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know....This totally sucks for the little sweety..I'm sorry I have no more advice, it is a tricky situation.

Best of luck

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks... I appreciate the advice...

I'm thinking I can just put her in a room, and try to reintroduce her to my cats in a few weeks.. the poor thing has been through soo much... I just wish she wouldn't had taken her.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

Thanks... I appreciate the advice...

I'm thinking I can just put her in a room, and try to reintroduce her to my cats in a few weeks.. the poor thing has been through soo much... I just wish she wouldn't had taken her.
I know, the poor little thing..she really has been through alot. It must be hard for a pet to never feel wanted

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'm gonna try again, to do reintroduction.. Maybe she'll adjust to my cats... I'm not gonna try to find her a new home again.. It's just to much...

Maybe with some persuading,, I can talk my husband into cat #4...

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe she needs to be the only cat in the home. Just hold onto her until you find someone who really needs one cat. It may take a while, but if she can stay at your home in the meantime, it will all work out.

Just consider her a long time foster, and mention her to people you know. You will be surprised at how the right home will turn up for her! Too bad the other lady won't give her more time, she might settle in over a few weeks...

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm gonna try and pick her up after school tonight,, and bring her back home.. And keep her in a room by herself... I'm gonna try to reintroduce her, but I don't know how long to wait to do this? Maybe if she gets reintroduced, then she might warm back into our home with our cats... I wanna keep her to be honest,,, I just don't know how to get them to all like each other, she's a small furbaby,, she's not growing as fast as regular cats... I think she'll be a little kitten for a long time.