Prayers for Jacob

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My brother-in-law and his wife have a wonderful little miniature dachsund (sp?). Ever since they got Jacob as a puppy he and I have had a special relationship. He gets really, really excited when he sees me and I love him back just as much. In-laws say he only ever gets that excited with me. Anyway, about 2 weeks ago Jacob lost all use of his back legs. The vet had to operate - he had two fused vertebrae. They brought him to the Thanksgiving celebration at our other in-law's place today and poor wee Jacob has a catheter and a big row of staples down his back from the operation. I loved on him all day. They bought him a baby carriage so they can take him out for walks and they got a set of wheels and my sister-in-law fixed up a pair of baby overalls with velcro so they can put him in the harness.

Jacob is a special little guy in our lives and I would like to ask you all to send healing vibes and say prayers for him. I just spoke to them on the phone and they said the visit today and seeing all of us must have been good for him. Apparently he stretched out on the sofa while they were watching a movie when they got home and he moved his legs a tiny bit.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending heal fast vibes for Jacob

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, mini dotsons are one of my favorites. I will keep him in my prayers and thoughts! Having one myself, I can imagine how hard this must be for them. As I'm sure you know, they are very different personality wise from other dogs. Such sweet little things! Many prayers and vibes coming Jacob's way!

Please keep us updated!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww...they are the cutest little dogs! Poor wee guy, I'm hoping he improves quickly and gain the use of his hind legs. At least he's being cared for wonderfully by your family.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lots of healing vibes & prayers for Jacob.

Feel better quickly sweetie pie.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, Jacob sounds like such a sweet little guy. Sending lots of vibes and prayers for him and his family.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all for your healing vibes and prayers. I will try to get a picture of our sweet Jacob for you all. I love this little guy soooo much. I was kissing his little feet on Sunday and just giving him so much love. He feels like satin - he's so smooth and soft.

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about Jacob. Sending lot of healing thoughts his way. I love the mini daushounds as well. They really are very sweet dogs.

Tricia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jacob had his follow-up vet visit on Thursday for his operation. Unfortunately it looks as though Jacob will not regain use of his back end. My BIL and his wife have had a little cart made for him so he can get around. They said they want to give him the best they can for as long as they can. My SIL wasn't able to have children (which she loves) so Jacob is their baby. They are in a good position financially and will spend whatever it takes to keep sweet Jacob healthy and happy.

Thank you all for your prayers and healing vibes for our special little Jacob. Just know that he will be catered to and pampered for the rest of his natural life.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry things have not turned out as well as hoped for, for wee Jacob. Being proportionally so long in the spine I gather does set the breed up for back problems.

Those little dachsies are sweet little characters, aren't they? I read somewhere once a description of one as "a big dog in a little skin", and have always thought it really fit. Rob's sister has had dachsies for years, and they are sweethearts.

I'm glad Jacob is in a family situation where he can be pampered and given whatever it takes to keep him healthy and happy. Sorry I didn't see his thread sooner. Sending vibes for the best recovery he can have.

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Animals are so much more adaptable than us humans. I bet he will do great with his little cart.