Scratch got a bath...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scratch really didn't care for his Meowmy changing his kitty litter on him, so when she replaced it today with the stuff that he likes he decided to roll around in it like a dog. Imagine this cat lovers; a DLH black kitty with clumping cat litter through out his fur. I thought that he was going to look like a cement block, but he turned out just fine. He's now sitting in the bathroom glaring at DH and I. Such is the life of a kitty.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Scratch really didn't care for his Meowmy changing his kitty litter on him, so when she replaced it today with the stuff that he likes he decided to roll around in it like a dog. Imagine this cat lovers; a DLH black kitty with clumping cat litter through out his fur. I thought that he was going to look like a cement block, but he turned out just fine. He's now sitting in the bathroom glaring at DH and I. Such is the life of a kitty.

Tiger will do the same thing. As soon as we clean out the litterbox he rolls in it. Then it's bath time. He HATES
baths. You can hear him yell across the house. He then sulks on my bed for about an hour afterwards

cathyc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I admire you brave souls who bathe your cats. I'm rather fond of the skin on my hands and arms and feel certain I wouldn't have any left if I attempted to give any one of mine a bath. Thank goodness none of my cats likes to roll in the litter...if only I could say the same about my Maltese.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CathyC

I admire you brave souls who bathe your cats. I'm rather fond of the skin on my hands and arms and feel certain I wouldn't have any left if I attempted to give any one of mine a bath. Thank goodness none of my cats likes to roll in the litter...if only I could say the same about my Maltese.
It's a two man job here. Scratch likes to meow like we are trying to kill him, but about half way through he stops and just looks pathetic. It's kind of funny.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
poor little scratch! lol....did you take pictures???
- Abilene got her bath yesterday

maccat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
we can give oakley a wash in the sink, but the bath is only fun when there is no water in it and a spider to chase.... yes if you want less spiders in your house then i will happily loan you Oakley - the spider eater

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Scratch!!! Mine don't roll in their litter either thankfully.
(Today is bath day for Sapphire and Mia.)

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good job on giving Scratch a bath!!

I firmly beleive with all of my heart that Trout is unbathable...She is the most high strung cat I know...and I'm pretty sure I would not get out of the bathroom alive if I tried putting water on her

Let's hope she NEVER gets dirty...(yah right)

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Because Willie can't keep himself sturdy all the time, he falls down and gets kinda crazy sometimes in his litter. So he has baths often. But I've been noticing, every time he has one, he gets a tiny bit better with it!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness that Radar doesn't do that, he causes enough trouble as it is. He does have to do a great big smelly poo as soon as you change his litter though, he seems to be able to produce one on demand. I have enough trouble with him kicking it all out of the litterbox while he's digging - yesterday was the most disgusting yet, he did his business, kicked it out of the litterbox, and then tried to dig it into the carpet
I still haven't been able to find a covered litterbox.