Sparkle chews & moves husband's things!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While we were asleep, my daughter's cat Sparkle tore off and lost the foam covering on one of my husband's iPod earbuds, then put a big tooth hole in the speaker. She also picks up his controllers and sunglasses with her mouth, and drops them on the floor (I think she is trying to drag them away). One morning, she chewed on the foil of his electric shaver when he stepped out of the bathroom for a minute (it's usually high on a shelf), and tore part of it, so when he resumed shaving and dragged the shaver across his neck, it left a long, bloody gash! (At work, when asked if the gash was from shaving or a cat, he replied, "BOTH!")

I guess she loves him but wish she'd quit destroying his stuff; we have to keep replacing things! He can't keep everything in drawers... anyone else have this happen?

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my house, the animals tend to drag away stuff that belongs to people they like. Now most cats dislike citrus scent, so he could try spraying some sort of orange or lemon-smelling substance on his things. Of course, that means spray the razor and she drags off the toothbrush. Spray the razor and toothbrush and she drags off the (whatever). LOL. By the way, is there any Siamese in her? I hear they like to steal things like car keys, sunglasses, etc.!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a calico in the face and tummy, but tortie otherwise. She's a rescue kitty so she could be part Siamese (or anything). She's always carrying stuff around with her mouth.

Someone suggested my very talkative Lily might have Siamese in her... are Siamese the "annoying ones" of the cat world? LOL!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

Two pics of the little varmint:

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She likes to get his attention or likes to play hard with him lol... or maybe is jelous and picks up on him??
(At work, when asked if the gash was from shaving or a cat, he replied, "BOTH!")... lol, at least he is very patient poor guy.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

By the way, is there any Siamese in her? I hear they like to steal things like car keys, sunglasses, etc.!
That's interesting, my kitty has Siamese in him and he is quite the little thief! He has a stash of stolen things under the sofa.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

That's interesting, my kitty has Siamese in him and he is quite the little thief! He has a stash of stolen things under the sofa.
Very interesting! I have complained on this site before about my kitten never using his bed. Guess what? He has been using the bed! This is where he has been keeping his stash of stolen things!