Shampoo!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What Shampoo & Conditioner do you use???
(Right now i'm trying to find a new favorite- I have long,naturally brunette hair that is wavy)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
humm I might have to try that
what's the price range on it?

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

humm I might have to try that
what's the price range on it?
In Chicago, each bottle seems to be about $6.50...but I find I really don't need to use all that much (my hair is incredibly fine, but thick, and it goes amost to the bottom of my shoulder blades).

It also makes my hair really, really shiny and seems to pop out red that I didn't know I had! My hair is the color of fresh maple syrup, but I like the smell of the Chestnut/Espresso one better than Amber/Maple.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I switch between the green herbal essence for oily hair and T-Gel. I rarely use conditioner since I've cut my hair short. I figure what's the point of washing off the oils from your hair and scalp when you are going to plaster it all back on again by way of a conditioner, hehe But when my hair was longer I had to use a conditioner and would either use one of those spray in and leave in (forget the name, sorry), or one of the herbal essence ones, usually the one that compliments the oily hair green shampoo.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mane & Tail has been my favorite for a very, very long time, it treats my long, thick hair beautifully.
I do occasionally try other stuff, but I keep going back to M&T.
Recently tried Sunsilk, saw absolutely no difference.
Nexxus made my hair heavy and limp, regardless of the formula.

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like head and shoulders refresh, and finesse. I use finesse conditioner too. No fancy shampoo for me. I tried pantene, but I noticed I had more of a problem with hair in the shower. With head and shoulders and finesse I think my hair stays put on my head more.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ralph Lauren is my favorite and it smells amazing but I'm out right now!!
Mostly I use ones for curly hair! And my other fav is Amazing Grace by Philospophy and you can also use it as a body wash and I have the cologne too it smells so so nice!!!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now, because I'm a red head I'm using Aveda Madder Root Shampoo and Conditioner. My stylist also created a Conditioner that I can use once a week to keep the brightness of my color.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Catwalk's Fashionista. It smells like grape soda and works wonerfully in the hard water we have here. I buy it in the liter bottles when they run the shampoo and conditioner together for $19.99, and it lasts for months.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I use Catwalk's Fashionista. It smells like grape soda and works wonerfully in the hard water we have here. I buy it in the liter bottles when they run the shampoo and conditioner together for $19.99, and it lasts for months.
Ohh I need to try that I love grape smell!!! I've used their styling products and really liked them!

lovemybabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Threat...I've tried just about every shampoo under the sun, and this is the only kind that keeps my hair nicely balanced! For conditioner I use a discontinued one from B&BW.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Mane & Tail has been my favorite for a very, very long time, it treats my long, thick hair beautifully.
I do occasionally try other stuff, but I keep going back to M&T.
Recently tried Sunsilk, saw absolutely no difference.
Nexxus made my hair heavy and limp, regardless of the formula.
I tried the Sunsilk in the green bottle for waves/curles...it was aweful lol...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

I am confused, what is this hair thing you are speaking of?
that's something my brother in law would say- he's a baldie

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok- these are the shampoos i've tried so far (like i mentioned before, my hair is long, wavy, and naturally brunette, it's also thick and frizzes occassionally). Also, i'm not exactly rolling in the dough so to speak right now
..so I need a good product for not much money
:

I am currently looking for a new shampoo and conditioner because my all time favorite one: Herbal Essence for normal hair with Passion Flower, Patucholli, Vetvier was discontinued to make way for the new herbal essence line.
So now i'm stuck looking for something else! And nothing i've currently found does my hair justice like the old herbal essence line did! I'm soo sad! Here's what i've tried!! (Also, I didn't try these all at once, I did it over time
):

*Sunsilk Shampoo and Conditioner(green bottle for waves and curles)- I thought this stuff was aweful, It didn't do a thing for frizz or my waves. I do love the commercials they put in my Cosmopolitan though- they're funny! I definitely won't be using this one again.

*Head and Shoulders Refresh - I like the tingly sensation it gives you on your scalp, but it did nothing to help my psorasis...so I don't use it anymore. But if I didn't have psorasis- i would definitely recommend it- it's fun and tingly!

*Suave Shampoos and Conditioner - I LOVE the variety and the way they smell....but they don't do a thing for my frizz.

*Pantene Pro-V Purity Clarifying Shampoo- I LOVE this product!!! It's great on buildup and leaves your hair looking awesome!!!
I only use it once a week though...I don't want to strip my hair of the good moisture in it...so i'm still looking for a daily shampoo/condition that will work well for me

*Neutrogena Stubborn Itch Control Shampoo- this stuff is incredable on psorasis!!!!!!! I use it once a week when I don't have any flare ups...and when I do have a flare up -I use it 2-3x a week and it works wonders!! I highly recommend this one to anyone with a very itch scalp or psorasis. The smell isn't great...but it definitely helps

* Head and Shoulders Dry Scalp Shampoo - this stuff didn't do a thing for me- I don't recommend it.

*Herbal Essence Citrus Lift for Normal Hair - this stuff smells nice, but didn't do much for my hair.

*Herbal Essence - Totally Twisted -the new line- For Waves/Curls - this stuff smells good, but it works horrible! I hate the new line it's not made as well as the older one was and it doesn't work on my hair as well as the older products did.

*Dove Shampoo and Conditioner- this stuff is gentle on your scalp and smells nice...but it just didn't do what I wanted it to for my hair. It is nice though

*Physique- omg! This product smells incredable!!!! But after about a week of using it, my hair started to do weird things! So I stopped using it.

*Garnier Fructise- this stuff didn't do a thing for my hair and it made it all weird! Yuck! It smells nice- but I definitely wouldnt use it again

*Citri Shine - I like some of their styling products....but their shampoo/ conditioner made my hair look weird.

.......so yea, i've tried just about everything reasonably priced and i've yet to find a new replacement for my old Herbal Essence favorites! I'm considering trying Pantene Pro-V 's new Ice Shine shampoo and conditioner- I heard that one works nicely....has anyone tried this???? (Also, I use all Aussie styling products - they work awesome! )

apric0t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use Jason apricot shampoo. MMM! It smells soo good I could eat it! I rarely use conditioner, I use St. Ives. I love both companies, because neither use animal testing. Jason also does not use any animal ingredients and many of the ingredientsare organic. Plus, it leaves my hair feeling soft.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the sunsilk Pink Bottle for intense moisture shampoo..I heart it.
And for conditioner, I have FELL IN LOVE with Dove intense moisture as well...Lets just say I'm moistened enough.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 bottles sitting in my shower shelf, because i like to switch upon my mood.
I have to say i absolutely LOVE WELLA!! my favourite shampoo has been discounted here in germany, but my friend got me the WELLA Hair moouse and the shampoo! it is so expensive so i try to save it!

I also use L'Oreal elvital for red coloured hair, and
Schwarzkopf Gliss kur Satin brown because my hair is like a reddy brown and it works wonders.
I also have a bottle of shampoo/conditioner PANTENE but only because that works once in a while.

I find it to get my hair in a perfect shape i have to get it really dirty, so i wont wash it for about 2 - 3 days and then make it dirtier with hairspray.

I also use those spray leave in conditioners by Gliss Kur schwarskopf they are slighty expensive but really worth it!