Someone stop me

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I realise that you guys are probably not going to be much help in this, but I am in love with a sweet little DSH named Moe. We went to the petstore to grab some catnip and in the adoption cage, I realised that the kitty that I was playing with last week had been adopted, and in her place was a beautiful boy named Moe.

He looks like a shorthair version of Miss Mew's Reilly and when I went to pay for the boys' goodies he stood up and stuck his paws out of the cage as far as he could and grabbed onto my sweater.

His adoption file says he is sweet, quiet and temperate so my boys would probably boss him around all the time, but he is such a little cuddlebug

Can someone please talk some sense into me (and make my BF very happy) and tell me the reasons NOT to adopt him

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm no help... I think you should take him. But, if it isn't time to add to your family then it isn't time. I'd write out on a sheet of paper why you should and why you shouldn't. If why you shouldn't out weights why you should then you have your answer.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not going to be much help here....little miss Sydney poo stole my heart and I brought her home
plus you said he kinda looks like my Reilly, if I ever saw another face like that I'd snatch them up in a second.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

I'm not going to be much help here....little miss Sydney poo stole my heart and I brought her home
plus you said he kinda looks like my Reilly, if I ever saw another face like that I'd snatch them up in a second.
I told Matt but he looks just like Reilly so I need him - he said that couldn't go on the pro list

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We are not the best people to ask either, we crumpled in a heap when Tigger needed a new home

So now we are a 4 cat family

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What? Mom of Many discourage an adoption? No way!!

I'm a firm believer that when a cat picks you, they make the best cat in the household. Just ask my Scarlett.....

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whats not to love about a sweet, little Reilly look alike? Plus... if he's a cuddly little kitty, Matt should fall in love with him right away

My vote is to get him - (if its the right time
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Common sense tells me we really need somewhere bigger if we get another kitty (and our place is very open-plan with only the bedrooms and bathroom having doors so intros would be hard as the 2nd bedroom is the cat's room and Bumper lives in ours and I don't want them to resent him more by being thrown out of 'their spaces' and the bathroom is a little small and Boomer knows how to open the door anyway)

Matt has said if we had more space or less kitties he would have taken him right when he reached his little paws out BUT he has just melted my heart and I totally want him NOW

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's over an hour since you last posted, Have you got him yet?

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just go get that baby
You know there's not a soul in here that is going to say
you do not need another one..Just get him and if it doesn't work out you can take him back

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)
im not gonna be much help in this either. i have been feeding this little tortie ferel outside my apartment. she ( i think its a she) will come up to me now and eat as i sit there but i cant touch her yet but as soon as i can, i plan on snatching her up and taking her to the vet to get fixed and then making her part of my family even though DH said NO MORE CATS!!!!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that would be great if you get that kitty. He chose you, afterall. We'll be waiting for pics !!!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cat Teddy who lives at my husbands office chose me too, he hit me on top of the head when I kneeled down to look at kittens in the cage beneath his and he came home with me!!!
He would be living here if he liked other kitties but he doesn't

shimmer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol, I think you should take the kitty too!

I have a family of four and I know they were meant to be with me, and i've never felt more rewarded! in many different ways! Its awesome to have a large cat family!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I can't help either! I went to the shelter for 1 kitten and came home with 2!! So, we are now a furfamily of 5 cats/kittens and a dog.
I'd go get him.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wooo Hoo!! I think Moe has "adopted" you...now all you have to do is sign the papers and bring that little innocent kitten into a happy forever home

(i'm absolutely no help
But I can spot a good meowmy from a mile away! Sounds like he'd have a wonderful happy home with you
)

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Sorry, I can't help either! I went to the shelter for 1 kitten and came home with 2!! So, we are now a furfamily of 5 cats/kittens and a dog.
I'd go get him.
you got more kitties since Lilly I am always in the dark please tell me if I am clear on this if so then I want pics

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

you got more kitties since Lilly I am always in the dark please tell me if I am clear on this if so then I want pics
YES!! I now am owned by 5 cats!!If you look in the fur pictures only section...........under the title I have news.............you can see my new babies!