throwing up kitty

steffycakes05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat gizmo hasnt been able to keep food down all day. If he doesnt eat he is fine. Can I give him chicken broth or what should i do to make his belly feel better?

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can try a little bit of boiled chicken and rice--that's the bland diet that my vet usually recommends. Is he throwing up undigested food? Did this just start today or has it happened before? Is he using the litterbox (peeing and pooping) normally?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

steffycakes05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
he just starting throwing up today around 8:30-9 pm....he is still using his litterbox and drinking water normally..I did have roses on my kitchen counter....are those harmful?

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Gizmo.
His tummy needs a rest, allow him the remainder of the evening without food. Make sure he has plenty of fresh water available. If he continues to vomit, it's very important that you take him to the Vet. Our kitties can become dehydrated quickly due to vomiting.

steffycakes05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i will take away his food and only give him water....i just hope my other kitty doesnt get mad at me....should i wait to give him chicken broth and rice?

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you use chicken broth, be absolutely sure it doesn't have any garlic or onions, and only minimal sodium/salt, if any.

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had that problem with snowbell before, vet ordered a medicated dry food. Maybe it's not ur case, I hope the kitten is well today

keeba

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you changed her diet at all? Many food brands contain corn meal which is hard of a cat to digest. Some cats may digest it fine, but I have had more cats throw up from it then not.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by steffycakes05

he just starting throwing up today around 8:30-9 pm....he is still using his litterbox and drinking water normally..I did have roses on my kitchen counter....are those harmful?
My cat once ate some flowers, and she started vomitting up white foamy stuff..she wasn't eating and was a little lethargic. She ended up at the vet on 2 days of IV as she became very dehydrated and it cost me $800. She almost died.

She was fine after the IV for some reason though. I would take your kit to the vet sooner rather than later.

I will NEVER have flowers in my home anymore.

steffycakes05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
well good news....kitties are feeling better....yes kitties before i went to bad last night my lil grl kitty threw up....but no throw up all day. i just gave liquids and took away their food..theyve been eating the same food for 4 or 5 months now so i dont think it was the food. i think the roses made them a lil sick....

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Grizzly has upset tummy I withhold food and then I boil up a chix breast, cool and shred up the meat and give her a little to eat. That usually works for her.